distance analog output 4-20mA

I want connect analog 4-20mA output of analyzer to arduino, please suggest me the cabling standard to be used?

How much distance analog output 4-20mA output can cover?

In my case it is around 700m what is the max distance covered by 4-20mA output

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    700 m is a long distance. The 4-20 ma loop is not too dependent on length. However, at the maximum signal level of 20 ma there can be a voltage drop of something like 3 v in the 700 m long loop. The power supply has to accommodate this extra voltage over all other voltage drops in the other loads. A 24 v supply usually suffices.
    This article from National Instruments gives some basic info.:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • pikolo23
    pikolo23
    yes I am using 24VDC as external supply but I need to know whether I should use same external voltage with output (connected with arduino) of 5V DC motors of 500 rpm or not?? I am using 6 Motors to run as per signal readings.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Is this the only signal? Are there other variables also being monitored? It is better to use independent supplies for the motors.
    So long as there is a common ground, there should be no issues.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Have you ever heard of flammable ice? If not, this is your chance to know about one of the most exotic natural phenomena where methane gets enclosed inside a water...
Quote: Developed by US startup Orion Span, the Aurora Station will be a modular space habitat capable of accommodating four guests and two crew members. For an outlay of $9.5m,...
Hi, I have been learning python for about 2 years and I wanted to take on a project for the University innovation fair and I wanted to know if anyone...
hey there does someone know how to send udp packets from FPGA to the computer using Lwip tcp/IP stack Using C Programming
If you have ever wanted to experience what it feels like in zero gravity, there is some good news for you, provided you have a few million dollars set aside...