Displacement settlements. Surface Water Management

Regarding the emergency sector.

Does anyone here have experience with surface water management in urban displacement settlements? (flooding in refugee camps in cities).

I am trying to gather information for research on the topic and would appreciate any input.

If you have the time I have put together a questionnaire that you can complete which gives some structure to the data gathering.

#-Link-Snipped-# 

Alternatively, any general thoughts on the matter, literature on the subject etc.

Cheers

Sean

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

In most of India disaster management is a disaster in itself. 

Usually there is shortage of water even for essentials unless the emergency is due to floods. Mostly the remedy is a knee jerk reaction quite often with a political agenda behind it.

Engineering designs exist. Never implemented.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Robots may have a knack for superhuman strength and precision, but they still struggle with some basic human tasks such as folding laundry and making a cup of coffee.Enter Blue,...
My Master's project consists of making a UI for partially blind or visually impaired people ie people who have very poor eyesight. I have come up with sketches for the...
hi ! im just want to asking about this particular thermoelectric ? mind to shares your knowledge about this ? feel free to share or maybe can share the link...
last date to apply DRDO in 2019and provide some information
i want to persue mtech in embedded system.But i am confused regarding placement and teaching.