Count objective time with a Micro Coontroller

Hi guys!

I have an MCU ( Microchip PIC18F4525 ) and I want it to count objective time from the moment I turn the MCU on for about two weeks.

The MCU has an on-chip 16-bit timer, but it get to its upper limit in two sec (31kHz clock).

How do I count for hundreds of hours?
Use another timer as a counter?

Is there a more elegant solution?

Thx!

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Here is one suggestion don't know its perfect or not.
    Take variable for minutes, hours, days, months. And write program. After 60 minutes reset that variable and increament hours and same way after 24 hours reset it and increament in days.

As another option controller available with internal RTC may be solved your problem

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear CE'ian, Its been a year gone from the 60 hrs of horror ,terror of 26/11.What you 50,000 members on board feel has changed in India post 26/11.Did we stood...
Hi , ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Downcasting executes in the following class "A" class A { public static void main(String ss[]) { int p=2; short d=(short)p; //-------------------->downcasting System.out.println((short)d); } } But a run...
simple stress in machine elements video tutorial [youtube]Nmnat0qGROk&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
Unless you update your drivers regularly the odds are that your PC will be slower or more likely to crash, or will have problems connecting with peripherals. Key Benefits of...
I just came across free demo version of Mind games being offered at CISCO official website. Though the purchasable verison contains 15 games, the demo version is not bad having...