couldnt identify the zigbee model :( help!!!

i got a zigbee module from my friend .he doesn't know anything about it.i need it to send a signal from one side and to receive a signal on the other side.i couldn't find the datasheet or any other details of this zigbee model .please help me to identify the model and its datasheet. i have uploaded the picture.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I can see Zigbee module used is from TI may be CC2530. Can you see any Product Code on module?

#-Link-Snipped-# Please have a look here.
  • HRG
    HRG
    👎
    there is a 12 didit number i dono wether its the product code or not .the number is 178-001-002-110.

at the bottom side its given as XBEE VA1👎
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Is there any logo like this ?
    Then it is Freescale XBee.
  • HRG
    HRG
    no there is no logo but they have used MPC89E52AF microcontroller.without knowing the model correctly i couldnt use it .pls help me to find it .
  • nowire9
    nowire9
    I don't recognize it.

It looks like the same 20 pin DIP package as an XBEE module. If you have no starting point and no options and are desperate, hook up VCC, GND, TX (DOUT) and RX (DIN) according to the XBEE pinout and see if you can use any AT commands. Default XBEE baud rate is 9600bps.

Note: This may kill the device if the pin description does not match that of an XBEE module.

Here's the XBEE pinout from the datasheet:
    XBEE pinout
  • HRG
    HRG
    thankuuu😀 i will try it
  • HRG
    HRG
    @#-Link-Snipped-# am new and dont have much knowledge about xbee.how to use AT commands?
    how to burn the program to xbee ? please give me a step by step procedure to send a signal from one xbee to another so that a led blinks on the receiver side .pls hlp 👎
  • nowire9
    nowire9
    The first basic step is to see if the module works. Interface with the module via a terminal program such as Hyperterminal (only DIN & DOUT lines necessary for this). The module starts up in IDLE mode, so you won't be able to enter AT commands until you switch to COMMAND mode. Type "+++" and see if the module returns "OK". If so, you are now in "command mode" - you can enter AT commands (see XBEE datasheet for description of these) to interface with the module. This is the starting point that you can do directly with your PC (make sure you are using an #-Link-Snipped-# when connecting the module to a PC).

Note that there is an inactivity timeout (default 6400ms) while in COMMAND mode, after which the module will return to IDLE mode.

By default, XBEE modules are in transparent mode, so they will act as a serial line replacement (received data will automatically be transmitted).
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Using digital multimeter you can find out your vcc and gnd pins
  • HRG
    HRG
    thanku #-Link-Snipped-# and godfather .my semester exams gona begin😨 will try after it get over 😀
  • nowire9
    nowire9
    Good luck with exams.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can any one give me idea on any electronics/computer engineering project. my background is power engineer but currently running a post graduate program on computer engr. pls i need a...
Which method is best suitable for anlaysing route optimization in urban transport.
Very often i got crazy like you. I hope my knowledge helps others as much your knowledge helps me. I work on IT and I'm a little geeky.
What I seek is a graphic recording software, mainly for data visualization and visual note taking/scribbling. Should be compatible with Windows, or better, with Mac (not iPad). I tried looking...
i m second year mechanical engineering student want to gain some practical knowledge want idead for mini projects please help me with some topics.