Companies With Maximum "On-Site" Opportunities

The trend among Indian IT engineers to get 'on-site' has been existing over a decade now. Through 'on-site' engineers are sent to client's site of working for a limited period of time which could be just a week to over few years. On-site opportunity is a quickest way of making money and it allows IT engineers to book flats or buy cars upon their return.

Let's list out IT companies in India which are famous for On-Site opportunities. Three big companies quickly come to my mind -

Infosys
TCS
Cognizant

Add more 😀

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    mahindra Satyam
    Wipro

PS: This is supposed to be international forum right?
  • Neizza
    Neizza
    L&T Infotech..
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I have another point to make.
    Many companies which have establishment else where as well, for example take an MNC cisco/Accenture or IBM, onsite opportuntiies would be comparitively less .
    These companies have local recruitment hence dont need indian brains going there.
    But when you consider companies which outsource work like blah blah blah, they would need someone from INDIA to travel to their location to learn and then work, thats when the scope of onsite comes.

Also,roles matter. Roles which require personal presence, like say system analyst . business analyst would need you to go onsite, or say architect but for roles whoch can be done remotely say a developer ( in some caes) where the code can just be dropped remotely for someone at onsite to deploy doesnot need the developer to be onsite.

Though going onsite is a experience to be cherished, there are other sides for the whole thing. If you stay gets extended , and you cross your apprisal cycle, you might end up having an onsite salry increment rather than your offhsore salary icnrement and incase you intend to move companies , your overall gross payment would depend on your offshore salary

keeping all this aside, I think it should be the work which should be a deciding factor
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Volvo
    target
  • Balaji_Jaya
    Balaji_Jaya
    Dear All,

I have 8.5 years of experience in Oracle Apps Technical, I have 2 offer one is from Infosys, another one is from IBM. Currently I am mainly looking for onsite opportunity, Hence i have asked both the companies for onsite assignment, before joining they are not committing for onsite. Hence i am planning to join a company which will support me more for onsite. Kindly request to you please help/provide your valuable points for the same.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    From what I've been hearing, Infosys trumps other companies when it comes to sending their employees onsite. I've a friend who joined Infosys from Deloitte and has been traveling to all the major countries. He's joined at the 'manager' position (not sure what the designation is officially called at Infosys); but yeah, he's pretty happy.

My vote would go to Infy.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I was shocked to read the TOI News: TN medical colleges seek Rs 25-45 lakh as capitation fee - The Times of India that colleges in Chennai are charging over...
I think I was fortunate to have studied engineering at the beginning of last decade. My total expense on engineering course was under Rs. 50k ( $1000). However, in the...
Hello Guys: I am student of Electrical Engineering, but during my masters i have taken the course " Sounds and Vibrations " which is more related to Mechanical Engineering. I...
Hey ppl, I am developing a facebook application and i need access token for my application. Can anyone help me with that.Their documentation sucks big time...😔
Skinput turns your hand into a touchscreen and your fingers into a keypad Skinput turns your hand into a touchscreen and your fingers into a keypad