Combination of solar thermal and solar photovoltaic power

Is there a way to combine solar panels with solar thermal power to produce electricity? If so, can it be done without having to produce steam from solar thermal power plant. As efficiency of solar cells decreases with increase in temperature, why can't we use the heat to produce more electricity?

Replies

• AB Ahmad
    AB Ahmad
    Is not possible without heat because the word thermal is a production of heat

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

While the Chinese multinational consumer electronics venture Lenovo is busy promoting its products in the CES 2017, the company manages to keep its craze intact in India with its upcoming...
HTC has decided to reveal its upcoming line of smartphones in an event titled ‘For U’ on the 12th of January, 2017 in China. The devices expected to be revealed...
dear friends I am a mechanical egineer just have got admission in c dac e city banglore still I am confused about my placement because of my mechanical baclground what...
Flipkart continues to remain the poster boy of the Indian Startup world. The Flipkart story so far has been 'movie-like' : two young entrepreneurs created a company out of their...
Hi everyone. I'm working on a project in which i need to control the temperature of a furnace using NI Labview software. Generally in a furnace there is a Eurotherm...