Chinese Microbloggers Must Register Their Real Names With Government

Google+ may attract frowny eyes for their 'must have real names' policy. But the Government of China has gone a step ahead and made it mandatory for all the microbloggers to register their real names with the government. That means anonymous microblogging via weibo.com platform won't be possible anymore. I'm quite sure India's Kapil Sibal will now have a new thing to learn from China. What say you?

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Very concerning!!

This trend should not be allowed to continue. With all the other types of media already bought out or otherwise tampered, internet remains the only way at least some true versions of happenings reach people. And anonymity is the biggest reason for that possibility.

If that is not there, I think someone can actually succeed in controlling every aspect of our lives.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Why do you want to speak against Government (Congress) then? 😛

Kapil Sibal is a good person. So is Congress Party 😁

P.S: Comment is sensered! ☕
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Jokes apart, can we include "SOPA" and "summons against Social networking sites by Hon'ble Supreme court" in this discussion? 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Name: K Vikrant *Engineering Trade: Electronics and Telecommunication Location: Mumbai *Occupation: Student *Hobbies & Interests: reading , cricket , table tennis , jogging *Aim in life: to work in areas...
I have to prepare a word document from an audio file (sometimes video file too) by listening to it for a few seconds, pausing and typing in the document what...
I mean what is 'reflected' in the gray code. I know that in the gray codes, the next or previous number changes only in one bit if compared with current...
Incredible, mind boggling or simply beautiful! These pictures of the trillions of miles long "Pillars of Creation" taken by extraterrestrial telescopes are fascinating. https://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2...+wired/index+(Wired:+Index+3+(Top+Stories+2))
The Kerala Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation aka KIIDC has taken an interesting initiative to promote entrepreneurship among students by setting up what's called a 'Startup Village'. It's India's first Public...