Cheques to be eliminated under 'Digital India' move - good or bad?

This seems to be a speculation at the time of writing this debate post; but Indian Government may soon eliminate transactions through Cheques. This is going to be quite a bold move right after demonetization initiative by the Government of India.

The question to consider is - are Indians ready to get rid of cheques? In my family, we seldom use cheques and insist payments through net-banking, credit or debit cards. High-value transactions are typically done through Credit or Debit card and sometimes through net-banking. But then, there are several occassions when the party we're dealing with requests for a cheque.

I think digital benefits everyone and banning the cheques would be a welcome move. I'd support it because I never got the logic in asking users for 'canceled cheques: Do I need to sign a cancelled cheque? '

Digital India initiative seems to be on the fast track. Are you ready to go chequeless?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: There’s much debate on what students need most to succeed in an increasingly competitive world. The challenges of automation, globalization, and political upheaval leave out the fact that we’re...
Born and brought up in Mumbai, Divyesh Kharade and Jinen Dedhia became really good college friends as they graduated from Sardar Patel College of Engineering. While Divyesh, an electronics engineer...
Xiaomi has made a very big impact in the smartphone market in India. It is now tied up with Samsung as the biggest smartphone brand in the country. Xiaomi’s smartphone...
Do you remember how the wobbling bridge physics problem used to excite or trouble us in school days? As it seems, a group of scientists at the Georgia State University...
Xiaomi India has brought an exciting exchange offer for smartphone buyers this winter. Starting now, any buyer who wants to buy a Xiaomi smartphone can avail a discount by exchanging...