Change Large Number Of File Names From Upper Case To Lower Case & Vice-versa, All-together.

Okay, here's the simple script if you want to change uppercase filenames to lower-case & vice-versa.

Uppercase Filenames To Lowercase :
#!/bin/sh
if [ $# -eq 0 ] ; then
echo Usage: $0 Files
exit 0
fi
for f in $* ; do
g=`echo $f | tr "[A-Z]" "[a-z]"`
echo mv -i $f $g
mv -i $f $g
done
Lowecase Filenames To Uppercase :
#!/bin/sh
if [ $# -eq 0 ] ; then
echo Usage: $0 Files
exit 0
fi
for f in $* ; do
g= `echo $f | tr "[a-z]" "[A-Z]"`
echo mv -i $f $g
mv -i $f $g
done
make both scripts executable & make your life easy ๐Ÿ‘

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Integrated graphics were tagged as 'useless' for gaming. But since last two-three years after the development of AMD APU & Intel's HD series IGFX, the gaming is kinda possible without...
While i was reading the newspaper I was shocked on seeing the title that "Indian MP's having criminal record accounts for as many as 31% members of parliament (MPs) legislators...
I think I landed in correct arena to get answer for my question.So here is my question 1)why lights flicker or blasts when a thunder struck ? 2)what is the...
I am studying in Electrical and Electronic Engineering. I have to submit project in this semester. so i'm interested to submit MicroControl/ Power/ Electronics Related Project Please give me some...
This is an ingenious project, which uses a single IR sensor to scan an object to create a thermal image. Obvious limitation is that the object has to be static....