Can Yahoo sue Facebook??

This week, Yahoo and Facebook had signed an agreement that gives a right to both companies for patent portfolio Cross-licensing.

Considering this is the case, does this means that after signing this contract Yahoo and Facebook can not sue each other over patents and use other's inventions. The agreement wordings atleast states the same.

But to surprise to everyone, Yahoo told to investors that the contract is for certain number of patents and Facebook would still pay to buy licence from enormus repositry of Yahoo's intellectual property. Legals are going to be involved to operate each and every word of the agreement if Facebook doesn't agrees to what Yahoo is saying.

However, I was just thinking How worth is to sign a contract for the cross-licensing, if a company start playing with the words??

-CB

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yahoo, though often called the Titanic on the Internet, is still a huge web property and Facebook knows that they're still strong in the content. Can Yahoo sue FB? Yes they can.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    THE' question is on what terms, after signing the contractual agreement of mutually using the patent's; how can (on what moral grounds) Yahoo can sue?

-CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

One of the CrazyEngineers motive is to have World Where Technology will help solving the Toughest Problems. It can be of any area and need not to be done by...
I wan't knew the fact that homosexual can not donate blood. Yesterday when I came to know that effective July 1st China had lifted a 14 year ban from lesbians...
Hi,I am Pradeep Shanmugham.I am currently pursuing my Third year in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering in Anna University,MIT Campus,Chennai.I hail from a small village in Erode district.I am one of...
California's Senate on Friday approved funding for the first phase of a high-speed rail system that is expected to eventually link Los Angeles to San Francisco. Once this system would...
The 8,100-foot-long fibre-optic cable link that is part of the India-Middle East-Western Europe system broke on Wednesday around 30 miles off the Egyptian coast. This left Lebanon facing a cut...