Can We Do Serious Work While Listening To Music?

Music has been proven to enhance productivity and have a positive effect in human mind. I want to ask all our CEans whether they think that serious work can be done while listening to music. My humble personal opinion is 'no'. You can't multitask if you want to focus. The mind shouldn't deviate from the main task if you're seriously doing something.

But then, you might just keep playing some music in the background, in the low volume and concentrate.

What say you?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I have seen that it works differently for different people. Some of my friends are able to complex mathematics problems only while some music is playing in the background. 😘
  • Antoinette Jerom
    Antoinette Jerom
    It surely works for me. I tend to remember better when I study and work goes well when I'm listening to music. Oh and make sure you listen to music that you like, else it could be nerve racking.

Here's a research work on it. หวย 1 บาท ได้เท่าไร แทงกับ หวย ออนไลน์ เพียง ขั้น ต่ำ 1 บาท บริการ 24 ชม.
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    Whenever I do any grind work, like assignments, a little music sure does help.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    music gives positive vibrations around us. But it wont work out when we do a serious work.

For me, when I play chess as well as listening to music.. I will surly lose the game (I lose my concentration) .
    But, if I do certain works like cooking, cleaning. Music helps me a lot at that time and I cant be without music at that time.
  • Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    Same goes with me. I can solve complex maths problems only with my headphones on 😁 Otherwise I get bored easily...
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    Nick_Sharma
    Same goes with me. I can solve complex maths problems only with my headphones on 😁 Otherwise I get bored easily...
    during maths exams????😛
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    I guess it depends on the individual. For some people its easier to concentrate while music playing in the background. A lot of surgeons play classical music in the OR. But personally, i dont think human mind's efficiency has anything to do with music...😛
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    I used to listen to music while working on assignments. But I can't concentrate on my reading. And again I can code listening to music (sometimes I do in my office😁) Instead of having a cup of coffee to refresh, Why don't we have one Full Josh Energetic song? 😀
    Coding, Writing Okay. But Reading, Designing needs much more concentration which I can't do with music.
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Listening itself is serious work! 😕
  • Vignesh Raghav
    Vignesh Raghav
    Ya ,concentration always accompanied by pleasant mind . To have pleasant mind we do what we like (listening to music) to concentrate .

Oops looks like I growing old ... 😲
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Definitely I always do programming while listening music , it makes my task more easy

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Today Spotify announced that they have released the version of their app for iPad. Now it is possible for you to access the millions of tracks and wirelessly sync your...
Here's Naveen Tewari, CEO 7 Founder of InMobi speaking about InMobi at unPluggd event. Naveen talked about the story of InMobi; how it all began in year 2007. Watch and...
OSX Mountain Lion preview has been updated with a new feature called "Do Not Disturb". The feature will halt all the notifications and banners. I expect the feature to be...
As there are some many mobile companies with their numerous schemes, it would be better if we can instantly compare there calling plans. Can someone post where can we get...
Hello friends! I don't know why my desktop screen in Ubuntu 12.04 appears small.I could't maximize it. The icons in launcher and text appears larger in size. How to fix...