Can someone write me a code where I have interfaced gps with gsm 900A using microcontroller AT89C2051

The message is then displayed onto the LCD. Can you write me a code for the same? 

Replies

• Aswinth Raj Balasubramani
    Aswinth Raj Balasubramani

The AT89C2051 Micro-controller follows the 8051 Architecture. It has a USART port that can be used for serial communication. Both the GPS module and GSM module works with serial communication. 

You simply have to connect the Rx and Tx pins of the MCU with GSM and GPS moudles Tx and Rx pin and write a program for data transfer. Details on how to program the AT89C2051 for USART can be found in its datasheet. 

But if you are a beginner then you can refer to this link below

GSM Module Interfacing with 8051 Microcontroller (AT89S52): Circuit Diagram & C Code

Where you find how to program for serial communication in 8051 architecture. The program will almost be same for AT89C2501 except for some register name which you can find in the datasheet. Once you know how to interface the gsm module the GPS module also follows same procedure  

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Please suggest me which field will suit me. Or else will I have to pursue M.tech in computer science
I want the information about PG-DBIHI(Post Graduate Diploma in Biomedical Instrumentation& Health Informatics) course of CDAC.Is this course is useful for job ?
iam not able to understand the derivation given  in  "power electronics text book by M.H.Rashid.could you please help me.