Can I get good career opportunities with bad score and gap years?

Hello, I am a 2017 passout with a btech degree in ece. Soon after college i started preparing for govt exams. Due to delay in ssc exams i have decided to go for private jobs .. 

i have a decent score in 10th(80%) and graduation score is 72%,.But the issue is that there is a two year gap (2017,2018) ,  poor grades in  12th (56%) and also,one year gap after 12th . 

Now when i have decided to enter  in the private sector will the aforementioned score create hindrance in my good career opportunities ahead? thnk u

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

One thing you should remember is that your performance in education makes the entry easier or difficult. It typically matters only at the start of your career. Most companies will not want to hire candidates who haven't shown consistent top level performance throughout their education. 

It's simply a screening at entry level. 

Once you are through the initial barrier, your overall performance on the job and your professional relationship with your bosses and colleagues matter more than most other things. 

Your first goal should be to find a job - relevant in the industry or domain that you wish to work in. Once that's taken care of, you can always work your way up the corporate hierarchy. 

I hope this helps. If you have further questions, ask below. 

• leena ray
    leena ray

thnk u sir,   : )

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I could see plenty of copyright good (must buy) books are in Downloads section.When I get free time during weekend, I will start reporting each of them. Please remove them....
Is it good to do civil software courses during last sem of engineering or after completion of engineering,  am confused when to go for courses.
I m currently in final year of my Diploma (CSE) and later this week we have our industrial training Practical exam were we have to submit our training letter and...
Machine Design says: Looking to make a case for your career choice to others? Here are some tidbits that washed up out of the web, all providing reasons for becoming...
Please in detail about how write a letter and how to send it