Can i convert rotational energy of fan into electrical energy ? But i fear about efficiency and function of fan, what should I do ?

I was thinking about the rotational energy of fan which should i convert into electrical energy . 

But i also thinking  about it's efficiency and function .

Does it make sense or not ?

IF it will make sense  then we can use this technology in remote area where light  7 or 8 hours comes  in a day ...

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Why do all that? Why not an inverter-battery standby supply ( mistakenly called UPS) that is available in plenty?

Technically what you ask is possible with probably 0.1% efficiency. If you are thinking of running the same fan with the power generated, then it violates the second law of thermodynamics and becomes a Perpetual Motion Machine of the second kind and will not work.

Sorry, there’s no free lunch.

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# , as #-Link-Snipped-# sir said, using a battery backup would be a better solution than converting rotational energy of fan into electricity. To answer your question, you 'can' convert the rotational energy of fan into electrical energy; but it's not practical at all. 

For solving the energy problems in rural areas where electricity is scarce, the best way is to make use of conventional sources of energy. Solar cells could be the top source of deriving electric energy from sunlight. Then wind turbines could be installed. 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want the electronics project ideas which gives solutions for problems that faced by farmers .
Since last few weeks I am noticing some unknown code in js files of my projectI did some google and seems like common problemhttps://stackoverflow.com/questions/50133342/unidentifiable-js-script-in-my-projectAnyone else noticed this?
I am confused between subjects in B.ed. As I am b.tech from computer science and people suggest me to go for m.tech or b.ed plz help me abt subject and...
the topic within structural engineering and it requires any software in civil
How many of you think that Jio is responsible for the digital revolution in India? Prior to launch of Jio 3G and 4G existed in country; but not at the...