Campus radio

We plan to set a campus radio for a fest.Can somebody please help in starting?How much would it cost and how can it be set.

Would appreciate replies at the earliest😁😁

Replies

• Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    what kind of radio?? The one with wireless transmitter and all, or internet radio??
  • silenthorde
    silenthorde
    Hi cranky...

My father worked for All India Radio for over 30 years having retired last year. He suggested, you go through the comunity radio manual released by UNESCO.

Find it free here

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • cranky
    cranky
    mad_scientist
    what kind of radio?? The one with wireless transmitter and all, or internet radio??
    i have no idea what they mean.Can you please elaborate.Which would serve for an intermittent time and more cost effective
    @silenthrode:Thanks😁.will look through.Can you please explain hopw to go about it?
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Well, one is the traditional radio that is broadcast using AM or FM.

Internet radio is when you stream your content through the internet and people with internet access can listen to it, using winamp or one of the many software available!!

If you go in for a traditional radio setup, you will have to buy the transmitter and all the related equipment, for using internet radio all you need is a computer with broadband internet access (256Kbps+ should do)

The main drawback of internet radio is that your listeners will have to have internet access. One of the drawbacks of using the traditional setup could be the cost of the equipment involved, and any license fee that you may be required to pay.
  • cranky
    cranky
    @mad_scientist:Thanks😁What would you suggest could be used for a fest of three to four days.How much will the traditional one cost?
    Internet radio can be used for a large audience?😒

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello all, I m implementing GPRS connectivity. And i want to send an email to the pc through GPRS. but i dont know that how many connections possible i.e. how...
can any one explain me that what are the modifications required in engine while using CNG AND LPG as fuel...!
I am a final year student doing B-TECH from COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY PANTNAGAR ,UTTARAKHAND . We are trying to do our graduation project on topic of "noise cancellation in audio...
Electronic Key Operated Security Door this is the link of my mini project i have selected but i came to knoe that some error is there in the circuit now...
hello everyone Can anyone tell me the database requirements of a social networking site or a blogging site that offers people to write a blog? I mean what should be...