BSc or BEg

Hello everyone,

Quick question, based on job prospects which is better, a BSc in an engineering deisicipline or a BEng?
What is the difference?

#my 1st post(2nd after my introduction)😀

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'd find out by looking at the job sites and what the popular recruiters are looking for in your country.
  • Norvan Martin
    Norvan Martin
    Ok..The problem though is that employers do not normally specify initially
  • Banashree Patra
    Banashree Patra
    BEng is better.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Banashree Patra
    BEng is better.
    What makes you say so?

I guess comparing course contents / syllabus would be another way to judge which one is better among the two.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    My friends BE over BSc because BSc was harder. BE was easier. Also Doing BE would get the prestigious title of Er (Engineer)😨

Although, this is the Indian scenario. I guess, you should look at the syllabus and the course content. What you want to do and where is the good places of education in and near Jamaica. 😀
  • Norvan Martin
    Norvan Martin
    @ ThE Big K...yes, I think that is the most important factor

@Baron...yes, that is what I was wondering about, the perception of BSc as opposed to BEng
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    for me, here in our country, i guess it doesn't matter whether you are a graduate of BSc or BEng. What is important is, you passed the board exam. Most school here offers BSc.
  • Norvan Martin
    Norvan Martin
    Ok Maria, I was thinking along the same lines

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi am josva..... hi crazy engineers...am very glad to join ths site&i expect more thinks more from ths site.....
Name:SHUBHAM RAJARAM PATEL *Engineering Trade:B.Tech in Electrical Engg. Location:LONERE, Raigad *Occupation: Student *Hobbies & Interests: to do new things like Projects,interest in RENEWABLE ENERGY *Aim in life: To contribute BEST...
I am Civil engineer by profession
Does anybody know of a non-nuclear in-line continuous density meter suitable for abrasive mining slurry? At the moment our requirement is for a 4" (100mm) diameter. Our customer wants to...
Hi Guys, I made my BE Project Report in Latex. Made a template for the same. Here's the link. Hope this will help others to create beautiful and well written...