Bluesmart Smart Carry-On Suitcase Exceeds Its Funding Target On Indiegogo By Three Times

Remember Trakdot Luggage Tracker Gives You Peace Of Mind While Flying, the battery powered luggage tracker that made sure that your luggage remained safe wherever you flew across the world? A couple of guys from New York, USA have taken that idea and developed a carry-on sized suitcase called Bluesmart. As of this writing Bluesmart has managed to garner funds of $165,105 which is more than thrice its target goal of $50,000 in just a single day. With 35 days still to go we can expect it to be one of the most successful Indiegogo projects ever. So what makes the Bluesmart carry-on suitcase such a big hit? Find out in the next paragraph where we discuss how it makes air travel less arduous.

Bluesmart 2

One of the most frequent foibles of air travel is lost or misplaced baggage. The menace sometimes makes it to the news when a celebrity or a politician gets his/her luggage misplaced by an airline. Since Bluesmart is connected to your smartphone, it can warn you when you go a certain distance without your luggage. The location tracker feature on the app can help you locate it when it goes missing. Many a times when you travel via air one of the restrictions is on the weight of luggage you can carry. Most of the times we have run some guess estimates but with Bluesmart it’s just a matter of lifting the luggage from the ground and the digital scale sends the weight figures to your smartphone app. The smartphone app can also be used to lock or unlock the carry-on suitcase. As a safeguard feature the locks automatically engage when you move too far away from the suitcase.

Bluesmart 1

Since it is a carry-on luggage it is responsible for carrying your electronics such as laptops and tablets which are to be removed from the bag during security checks. To make the removal easier, there is a separate compartment inside Bluesmart that houses laptops and tablets. Inside every Bluesmart you can find a rechargeable battery pack that can be used to charge your smartphone, tablet or e-book reader. The company has however not mentioned the capacity of the battery. Coming on to the dreary features of the suitcase, it is made out of three layers of polycarbonate that makes it sturdy as well as lightweight. The zippers are waterproof and the handle is made out of anodised aluminium and yes it has four wheels for ease of movement. Early backers will be getting a Bluesmart for as low as $195 and the retail prices of the product are expected to start at $235.

To know more about Bluesmart, head over to the Bluesmart: World's First Smart, Connected Carry-On | Indiegogo and its coverage on #-Link-Snipped-#.

Replies

• Armin Polvich
    Armin Polvich
    There are no weight limits on carryon and you carry your luggage with you everywhere so why do I need to track it or scale? Why is the case so heavy not practical. I do not see a warranty? Every company offers a warranty what if the electronics to not work or break? I also I did some research and they claim they are “the worlds first” but it looks to me they copied this idea from bags2go?

see below link:

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

First of all, I would like to say that this model is NOT a perpetual motion. It will stop eventually. What I want to say here is that the output...
What is more important for an engineer mathematics or physics ?
Good news for wannabe entrepreneurs. The Modi Government has rolled up sleeves to bring down the typical registration time of about 27 days to just 1 day. The initiative to...
PosterGuy is a printing company founded by Puneet Gupta and Praneet Singh Sahai in the year 2014. PosterGuy is based in New Delhi, India. Puneet completed Civil Engineering from Indian...
In the mankind's quest to create an advanced artificial life or system, the basic ingredient needed is a protocell. The biggest challenge faced in creating an artificial protocell is to...