Better bicycle design

CEans,

For ages, we haven't seen any innovation in bicycle design. Maybe I'm not aware of the latest innovations in bicycles. I think we CEans can have a good discussions about what can be improved in bicycles.

So, anyone? 😀

Replies

• arga
    arga
    There have been a lot of incremental bicycle improvments. We have front and rear suspensions in mountain bikes, carbon fiber frames, combination brakes/gear changers, recombinant bikes, aerodynamic spokes, hydraulic disc brakes, and my favorite, an all wheel drive mountain bike recently hit the market.

Still, all these improvements have been for the existing cycling enthusiast. Nothing has been done to turn car commuters into cyclists. Maybe hybrid electrical/human power should be reexamined. Charge up the batteries at night and supplement the power by peddling. The extra power could support a weather-proof enclosure and if the enclosure were streamlined, higher top speeds could be maintained.

Frank
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Thanks a lot Biggie. You have got my brains churning in one more direction i.e. a project of making a highly evolved vehicle run by human power. It will be the cleanest in the world. Man I have already thought the design and the type of gear and gear train. Thanks a lot man, I owe you one.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    How about a bicycle combined with a retractable mini glider system? Kind of like the Gossamer Albatross, but smaller and street friendly 😉

Cheapest way to fly!
  • gohm
    gohm
    Or a bicycle with a carbon fiber shell that could double as a pedal powered boat?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

so you download a key generator, it does indeed spit a code - then what! The program wants to go on line, and immediately says invalid code - what am...
I have an automotive project that I'd like to use a CPLD or FPGA in. My inputs and outputs are all 5 volt and I would like to keep the...
hi everybody ..... i needed help in gettin information about the project i'm doin ...... DTMF home automation system using telephone is the title of the project
Hi! I am your new friend name Mitesh I wanted some information about EXTC Degree colleges near Pune side If anyone has some information about which college will be better...
please guys i m learning python,i want some ideas how can i start my project? please guys help me 😔