Best course among Embedded Systems, VLSI, Java, .net, Oracle & Networking?

Which course is better among embedded systems, VLSI, Java, .net, Oracle & networking.
First of all i would like to thank these forums for providing valuable information about the languages, career...
I'm pursuing my B.tech final year in ECE branch in Hyderabad. My percentage is 55%(until 3rd year).
I'm not having much knowledge about courses.
I want to start my career by selecting a course, but I'm confused with available courses like embedded systems, VLSI, Java, .net, Oracle & networking.
Due to lack of awareness in VLSI, Embedded systems I'm thinking to take a course in java or .net, is it good
My questions are (regarding all the courses)
1) one followed by other which course is having more scope in future
2) is c language compulsory for all the courses
3) what is the work related with each course
4) which course is easy
5) which course offers good income
6) some people say that work in software field is having more tension. Is it true?
7) while searching for a job is my percentage going to effect me
8) some say that there are institutes offering courses and provide a job after the completion of course, is it real? If so, what r d institutes?
9) what r the good institutes available for learning particular course

If anyone provides the above information i'll be thankful

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - welcome to CrazyEngineers and all your good words about this portal. It's our collective effort and we are glad that you are a part of it now.

bharath51094
    I'm not having much knowledge about courses.
    In the age of Internet and mobile phones; that comes as an excuse. You have Google - fire your queries and you will get all the information you need about any course. If you don't find what you are looking for; you can ask on websites like ours.

bharath51094
    I want to start my career by selecting a course, but I'm confused with available courses like embedded systems, VLSI, Java, .net, Oracle & networking.
    Instead, start your career by having a picture of what kind of career you'd like to have and then pick up the course that would take you to it. Also check if the course you select is in sync with your likes and interests.

You can pick up the one that you think is the most interesting and then study other topics on your own. You need not join a formal training for the others.

bharath51094
    Due to lack of awareness in VLSI, Embedded systems I'm thinking to take a course in java or .net, is it good
    Lack of awareness is a crime, right?

1) one followed by other which course is having more scope in future
    Ans: Each of the languages, domains, technologies or tools will continue to evolve in future and you will have to keep yourself up to date all the time by learning. You can't learn a thing now and keep using it 10 years down the line. Keep learning.

We can't pick the course for you. That decision will have to be yours.

2) is c language compulsory for all the courses
    Ans: The C programming language continues to be widely used across several applications. If you have a good knowledge of C; you will find it easier to understand and appreciate other programming languages. With C, I'd also recommend learning C++.

3) what is the work related with each course
    Ans: This is very difficult to answer. You will have to search this information yourself and ask very specific doubts or questions.

4) which course is easy
    Ans: Depends on your IQ, intelligence, past experience, knowledge, skills and interest levels. I may find Java easy and intuitive and you may think Python is better. To each his own.

5) which course offers good income
    Ans: No course offers good income.

6) some people say that work in software field is having more tension. Is it true?
    Ans: Yes, so does painting, dancing, cleaning floor, repairing bicycle, developing cardiovascular devices etc.

7) while searching for a job is my percentage going to effect me.
    Ans: Yes, it will. Depends on the company recruiting.

8) some say that there are institutes offering courses and provide a job after the completion of course, is it real? If so, what r d institutes?
    Ans: If any institute guarantees a job that you'd like to do after completion of course; you should immediately join it. If they say we offer 'placement assistance' then you can ask them for a track record and find out where you fit in the scheme of things.

9) what r the good institutes available for learning particular course
    Ans: Depends on your location. You will have to visit the popular institutes in your city/town and talk to the representatives and their existing students. That's the best way to get information.

I hope this answers your questions. If you want to have more information, do share your questions below.
  • palampalli bharath
    palampalli bharath
    Thanks for your suggestion
  • Bhagwan Patil
    Bhagwan Patil

Thank for your suggestions

• Ganesan Kkk
    Ganesan Kkk

Thanks but embedded or java which is best 

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# - it does not matter. Embedded and Java are different technologies and offer different careers. Most importantly, never take decision about choosing any based upon what others are saying. 

The best way to go about it is to look at what's involved and what kind of jobs are available for embedded engineers and Java coders; then find out which option looks more interesting to you. 

Everyone will answer from their own perspective. If you pick up embedded and are inclined toward programming - you might wonder if you made a mistake. 

In general, if you like software development and programming more, you should pick up Java; otherwise go with embedded. I hope this helps. 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google Chrome is the most used browser across the Android phones throughout the world. However, a recently demonstrated experiment shows that it is the most easily exploitable browser on an...
Snapdeal has introduced 'Snap-lite', the mobile optimised version of snapdeal.com. The timing of the announcement is quite interesting as it comes just about four days after its rival Flipkart announced...
I had chosen Quora daily data analysis, it means I had the rough data (it is obtained by subtracting qids of 2 ques. of two days) of ques. per day....
1) what is css? 2) what do you understand by the term HIDS & NIDS?
By now, many of you have started receiving your CrazyEngineers PRO T-Shirts. We can't wait to see how it looks on you! 😀 Click a photo of yourself wearing the...