Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd Technical Written Test Preparation

I have a B.E in electronics and I have applied for the post of Section Engineer
(Signalling/Telecommunication/Automatic Fare Collection) in Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd.
The qualification required is Four years Engineering Degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering/Electronics and Communication Engineering/ Instrumentation & Control Engineering / Telecommunication / Applied Electronics & Instrumentation/ Computer Science and Engineering or equivalent qualification.
The syllabus for the written examination will be generally in conformity with the educational standards and/or technical qualifications prescribed for the posts. The Questions will be of objective type with multiple answers and likely to include questions pertaining to General knowledge, General English/General Kannada, General Arithmetic, Analytical and Quantitative Skills and those subjects covered as part of minimum educational/technical qualifications for the post.
I would depend on previous placement papers for attempting technical tests of various companies, but this time there are no placement papers available.I have a little more than a month to prepare for this test,I can manage all the other sections,but I don’t know how to prepare for the technical questions,please suggest some important topics/subjects relevant to this,(you might get some idea if you look at the post for which i have applied and the type of engineers they require) that I have to go through. Please help

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Looking at the qualification requirements for the post, I don't think you'll need anything more than the basics of telecommunication engineering. I think #-Link-Snipped-# might be able to pick topics for you which might be relevant. Also, why are the previous years placements papers not available? With limited time in my hands, I'd typically go through textbooks starting with Final Year to First Year and just revise the topics. Since the questions will be objective types; most of them should be answerable based on core concepts.

But that said, someone who's appeared for the test before will be more qualified to answer this post. Anyone here?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, We r having subject of database engg. this sem. We have to perform practicals for the same. Few days back, when I tried executing java program having oracle queries...
How can a person shift from a small company to another MNC? If a person is working on .net or java then only he can shift into another company when...
I got selected in L&T PVT LTD at 20th oct,2011. Got my offer letter but still didn't receive my date
Hi , I am Abhishek, passed B-tech in ElectricalEngineering From WBUT , currently working in Softwaretechnology as a System Administrator. I always eager to devote myself in engineering works ,...
CEans, Many of you link to CrazyEngineers from your blogs or through badges. Our earlier destination for the forums was www.crazyengineers.com / forum/ , however, we've migrated to upgraded version...