BADA To Merge With Tizen OS

Samsung's BADA operating system will now merge with the Tizen - which is an open source project that aims to combine the best of Bada & Nokia's MeeGo mobile operating systems. The Bada operating system will be completely scrapped and Tizen will take its place.

Samsung had tasted a great success with integration of the bada operating system on the Samsung Wave smartphone series. I used Samsung Wave S8500 for a long time and believe that Bada was a neat, stable, reliable operating system. What's even more incredible is that it used to be very light on the battery, with the wave phone going powerful for over 5 days of regular usage! Android doesn't come even closer to that; but I'd definitely refrain from drawing comparisons between these two operating systems.

Samsung's executives have commented that once the Tizen based machines are launched in the market, the two operating systems will be merged together. I think no mention was made about the compatibility of the current Bada apps with Tizen. However, a word of caution from Samsung's engineers would be worth paying attention to. You won't be able to upgrade your bada phones directly to the Tizen.

It's expected that Samsung will follow a slower release cycle for Tiezen and may offer firmware upgrades only once or twice every year.

Several details are expected to be discussed at the Mobile World Congress. I'm wondering whether we've Bada folks here? How do you see the announcement?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

WhatsApp messenger is soon coming to the dual sim Nokia Asha smartphones. Both Nokia and WhatsApp have confirmed that the app will be tightly integrated with Nokia's S40 platform. That...
So, the official price of Blackeberry Z10 in India is Rs. 43,490. That's *only* only Forty Three & Four Hundred & Ninety times your hard earned rupee. Seriously? I've had...
Ultimately, it's a user created content that gets edited for errors and facts by people. I've seen a general trend that anything written on Wikipedia is taken as a 'fact'....
name-suggan chauhan trade-mechanical hobbies-reading automobile and internal combustion engine books life aim-to become a good automobile engineer
name-suggan chauhan trade-mechanical engineer hobbies-reading automobile and internal combustion engine books life aim-to become a good engineer