AWGN or gaussian noise

Hiii all,

In a wireless channel, which of these 2 noise is more commonly present- AWGN or gaussian noise? I know its almost the same but which one is more commonly present?

Thank you..

Replies

• shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Hey Vila,

What is the difference between AWGN and gaussian noise. Please put some more light on it?
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    AWGN means Additive White Gaussian Noise. Well, there isn't any major difference between gaussian noise and AWGN. If the noise is gaussian, and is not including all the frequency range, then it's not white. Then some difference arises.

But in a wireless channel, generally all frequency components of noise are present. So, it's usually AWGN that's found in wireless channels.
  • Vila
    Vila
    Hiii...thanks for the explanation. In a wireless channel, can AWGN, Pulse Jammer, Single Tone Jammer, rayleigh fading and rician fading present at once at the same channel? Or there is no such combination and they will be present in diferent different channels?

Thank you..
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Thread moved to Electronics section

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey guys am new to this site nice to join here
UFOs (Unidentified Flying Objetcs) have always gathered attentions of numerous people. A lot has alerady been spoken, talked,written and debated about them. There are many people who claim they have...
Could someone please tell me how to get a good internship in a reputed electrical company ?? Does anyone know of some companies who are offering internships/ summer trainings this...
Plz do suggest me with a latest technology for my seminar.
Hi, Yesterday, there was an event conducted as part of the inauguration of a festival of our quality club. There was a panel discussion planned on the topic of "Recession...