Are you in need of capital?

The city of Suzhou is one of the richest and most famous cities in China, known for its beauty and cleanliness. It is near Shanghai. The city government is supporting the development of a new high-tech zone. The city government will support low-interest bank loans for any foreigner (not a Chinese national) who can bring a high-tech company to Suzhou, for production of some product or service that is needed in China but is not currently being produced in China. Areas of most interest are energy-efficient appliances, alternative energy, water treatment, and environmental friendly technologies especially those to make the air and water cleaner. For example, a vehicle that does not pollute.

They are offering practically unlimited low-interest loans in any amount required to build a factory and manufacturing facilities in Suzhou. If the projected business plan is credible, and if the officials believe the project will be viable, then they will approve a loan in any amount required.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It'd be a good exercise to explore the process of setting up business in China and how the capital industry works. The main question I think people would have is whether English is accepted as a language of business communication in the region. I've heard that you'd always need a translater if you want to interact with locals.

Is there any official website where more information can be obtained? Can the business applications be made online?
  • Arthur W
    Arthur W
    English is a mandatory subject in all Chinese schools. When talking to people over 30 years old a translator is often needed. China is business friendly. I learned of the Suzhou initiative by word of mouth. I have a personal friend who is a Chinese national and an electric bicycle factory owner, and he knows the government officials who have made the offer of low-interest loans to lure in foreign technology companies. The information I am sharing comes second-hand, but I think it is credible. This is the typical path for making business and banking deals in China.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's a great info for anyone interested to explore business opportunities in China. Thank you for sharing 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i want to know whether it is possible for a student or a group of students to start a project on live telecast system, and if possible suggest a few...
Hey, I am currently into my last year of Computer Science and Engg. I am having a mega project this year and am not finding any good topics to prepare...
hello..iam trying to build a line follower using IR sensors..i want to simulate my circuit before implementing it. i tried it on multisim but could not can u give me...
German engineers have created a high speed camera that's capable of capturing some highly incredible slow motion videos. The concept looks interesting and I'm 100% sure that it's going to...
I am Jaspal and I have this question about machine designs. what is meant by surge in spring? Could some mechanical engineers of the community share the reason for its...