Are PWA ( Progressive Web Apps ) the future of mobile Internet?

I'm wondering if the 'App' mania is over and people have began realising that there's only 'ONE' real app they need; and it's installed already - it's called the 'browser'. I see all the major companies are swiftly launching the progressive web apps; the latest one being India's largest online ticket booking site: BookMyShow.

What's a PWA anyway?

The progressive web app is your regular website that makes use of the advance features offered by the browser like local storage and also allows creating short-cuts on your mobile screen. It also allows the user to receive push notifications.

I personally prefer PWAs over installing the apps. What do you think about PWAs?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    No takers for PWAs?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Bringing you the best of both worlds - a stunning display quality and a killer camera, the new Sony Xperia XZ Premium smartphone has been officially launched in India this...
The telecom regulatory authority of India has put Reliance Jio ahead of all other operators in terms of average download speeds offered on 4G technology. According to report published in...
Hailing from Patna, the capital of Bihar where every other student either prepares for the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) or other government jobs, Sushant Kumar grew up in a middle...
I am starting this thread here about fitness on a technical forum in its rightful Misc topic because everything else covers various facets of our jobs and technical expertise. This...