Are Facebook pages dying? Do they ever help you fetch readers?

Whenever I come across a new website that grabs my attention, I also check how their social media channels are doing. Just for the sake of it. To my surprise, everytime I see a Facebook page with as many as 10 or 20k followers, I see their latest posts and they have either 3 or 4 likes or no likes at all. It's so strange.

I wonder why people are taking the efforts to post their content (blog article links etc.) on Facebook when they get almost no attention, especially if they are not going for the 'boost post' feature that lets you get paid reach.

Don't you think that it's a massive waste of effort on the part of these websites who post their interesting, original content on their facebook pages?

Just want to know everyone's opinion on this.

Replies

• Amit Jha
    Amit Jha
    #-Link-Snipped-# mam
    I guess it isn't about attracting number of likes. Generally if we know about something interesting, we try to look for it in Google. Maintaining a personal website as well as social media pages makes it easier for the site to prompt up on Google Search.

Further more, if you are a frequent Google+ or a Facebook visitor, finding your interest right at your news feed saves you from pain. I know some of my friends who regularly follow news feeds of many popular sites. Even I find it hard to search specifically something in the site. Instead, i prefer following their Facebook feeds. Engadget, TechCrunch have a lot of followers and they even receive likes (around 2.7 k )
    People generally don't search for a specific term like what happened with the LHC machine but a Fb post related to the same can possibly persuade them to visit the site and read the content.

Simply saying, maintaining a social media page helps in not only popularizing the site but also helps in fetching subscribers and viewers.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

At this time, I should rather be setting up our official blog at IO because it's task pending from my side for the last ~10 days; but a nasty issue...
Coolpad hasn’t gained much ground in the smartphone market in India but this might just change with the new smartphone from the company. The Coolpad Mega 2.5D has been launched...
How many of you have experienced spreadsheet misuse in your company? Seriously! It drives me insane when people send me some data in the form of a spreadsheet that was...
plzz, help me out choose best topic selection for final year civil civil project under structures & please help me out get best of best ideas
Just before the Independence Day, Intex has kept with the schedule and launched another smartphone in the market. The Intex Aqua Music like its name suggests is the first smartphone...