Anti collision device (ACD) : Let us discuss something while...

(continuation of the title) the whole of India is busy in voting and adding glory to the already glorious Taj. The Indian railways has a feather in it's cap,the ACD(we have patented the ACD systems in US! 😀 ).what is ACD? How it works? And what is it's future? An Anti collision device(ACD) is fitted on a locomotive to detect any collision like situation.ACD is a combo of the microprocessor,the GPS to do a number of activities ranging from detection of collision to stopping the train automatically!Isn't it wonderful?I mean even if the motor man sleeps we the travellers are safe!An ACD and the GPS on the locomotive is able to detect any other locomotive on the same track or other within the vicinity of a radius of 5kms.
Now,if it detects a train(moving or stationary ) on the same track as itself then if you want to show your guts.. stand at a distance of 50m from either..because at a distance of approx. 100m both the trains will stop! This system has drastically decreased the number of accidents occuring(due to collision) in India.
It is said that if each train(i.e.Long distance and short distance) has this system installed then we can have a phenomenal increase in the number of trains that can travel on the same track simultaneously... want the numbers?? A station can expect about 40 trains in just 60 mins!

Replies

• crook
    crook
    This system has drastically decreased the number of accidents occuring(due to collision) in India.
    Thanks for posting the information. I was not aware of the ACD thing 😁 . Do you know how long has the service been in place?

.....you should enter coolest avatar competition 😉 look #-Link-Snipped-#
  • integratdbrains
    integratdbrains
    In India its being implemented partially,they started in late monthsof 2005. and the results were evident in early 2006 itself.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, I felt really bad when I saw the news on Television. A six year boy fell into a 180 feet deep borewell. It has been more than 36 hours...
CEans, I've been wondering if we should have a CE - Jobs / Careers section on CE. Do you think its a good idea to have a section that is...
haye evry1 actually i want to select my final year project but im just confusedddddd im doing telecom engg plz reffer a good site which can help me and ya...
Currently, a new phenomenon has gripped my college - THE RUBIK's CUBE!!! All of us have seen or even owned this mechanical beauty when we were kids. But few of...
Hello Friends. I am Bhargav Soni. I am computer science student. I want to learn PHP & SAP. Which one is the best. How can i learn from web site?...