Amar Bose, The Legendary Electrical / Sound Engineer Passes Away

Dr. Amar Bose, known all over the world as the founder of Bose Corporation has passed away. The legendary electrical / sound engineer who redefined the music for audiophiles breathed the last on July 12, 2013. Bob Maresca, President of Bose Corporation issued a statement saying "It's impossible to put into words what Dr. Bose meant to each of us, and to Bose (corporation). He was more than our Chairman. He was our teacher - always encouraging us, always believing that we could do great things, and that anything was possible.

slide

Dr. Bose founded Bose corporation almost 50 years ago with a set of guiding principles that never changed, and never will. Bose Corporation will remain privately held, and stay true to his ideals. We are as committed to this as he was to us. His vision is our history, and our future, and Bose corporation will forever be his company."

Dr. Bose was a professor at the Massachusetts Institute Of Technology for most of his life. Born on November 2, 1929 to Noni Gopal Bose and an American mother, Bose was entreprenurial right from his teen-age days. Later in his life, he got elected as the fellow of IEEE, 1972 for his contributions to the loudspeaker design, 2-state amplifier modulators and nonlinear systems.

In 2010, he won the IEEE/RSE Wolfson James Clerk Maxwell Award for 'outstanding contributions to consumer electronics in sound reproduction, industrial leadership and engineering education". In 2011, MIT listed him at #9 in the MIT150 list of top 150 innovators from MIT.

RIP, Dr. Bose. Thank you for your contributions to the world of audio.

Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    hats of to Bose sir.
    May his soul rest in peace.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    You made work for any Audio Engineer easy

Bow my head in silence to your contribution to Audiophiles and audiocrats

Rest in Peace oh Great man of Valor
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I bought the Bose Wave music system from a factory outlet in Detroit in 2004. Use it regularly even now.
    Bose has done great things to sound.

Requiescat In Pace, Bose for whom the bell tolls.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Blackbox is undoubtedly the most important device in the Aircrafts. The cockpit voice recorder is used to recorder what crew/pilot converse within cockpit. My question is : Why still cockpit...
hi friends, am doing one Phd project where i need to interface the ECG circuit, as this known our google provides max information but it wont be in considerable manner....
The traditional 3D displays have a problem - those without the the glasses often end up with eye-hurting ghosted images. But the latest research done by the team at the...
Hi, My rank is 118. I applied for 4 different centers. My 1st preference is banglore. Will I get banglore for my rank??plz let me know the possibility quotient in...
Opus, an open-source lossy audio compression (low bit-rate) codec which delivers very good quality of sound which will be soon used for real-time internet applications world-wide has launched it's version...