AirType Makes Keyboardless Typing Possible Using A New Wearable Accessory

The folks over at the AirType project want you to imagine a keyboard that fits in the palm of your hand. A new wearable accessory developed by the team allows you to type on any surface, or none. The interesting part of this concept it that - there's no need to learn AirType, it is designed to learn you. It will track the finger movements you make to type the letters and learn them. Designed to be just as portable as your mobile device, AirType device adapts to the way you type. It's smart i.e. it brings dynamic text prediction and correction with the typing experience. The time has come when you no more have to press the 'backspace' button when you dish out sentences in your content.

airtype-project-keyboard

Apparently, this startup from Austin, Texas could've just become the only good solution to the ever-persisting mobile keyboard problem. Yes, right - get rid of the keyboard entirely! In its early prototype phase, what is being called the 'Keyboardless Keyboard' accessory, the AirType device is nothing but a cuff-like band that can be fastened on your palm. Having sensors built-in on the device, the AirType units shall have some kind of a adaptive technology in the system that will learn to adjust to every user's typing habits.

It is highly likely that the the device will use Bluetooth to connect to our smartphones and tablets.
To understand the concept, take a look at the following demo video the team has put up -

At the moment, no details about the pricing or availability of the device have been revealed by the team. The team is mentored by an awesome experts including - Joshua Baer - the Austinpreneur, Bob Metcalfe - the UTAustin Professor of Innovation and Ben Dyer - the serial entrepreneur.

A lot has been kept under wraps and therefore we can't wait to see the device hitting the shelves. What are your thoughts on the current pre-prototype of AirType Project? Share with us in comments.

Source: airtype.io - 2021 sera l'année de tous les possibles disruptifs

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Good attempt .We are in the age of wearables and after a news we discussed on finger reader, tHis keyboardless keyboard is simply superb.

Doubt:
    Do we want to wear it and use in normal keyboard and programme it about our type style and it would record it so that we can use it in any surface.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Any job vacancy fo diploma EEE freshers-2014
Found this cool infographic. Thought it might inspire fellow engineers to not give up. PS: It is interesting to note that you can be working in Google and still be...
hello...i have got an assignment to integrate check2pay service in my website. I have to create a for.. and when i click submit it will directly pay the amount and...
Scotland's just got a new official domain name and it's called .scot. If anyone wants to pick up the domain name for their websites, wait till 23rd September. https://nic.scot will...
Hello CEans ! I would like to introduce you to @Aditya Deshmukh. He keeps us well informed about the various technological releases through his posts and threads. I would aptly...