AI is the biggest risk Civilization faces

How many CEans agree with Elan?
Quote:
Artificial intelligence the "biggest risk that we face as a civilization" Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk said Saturday, speaking to state leaders on the last day of the National Governors Association summer meeting.
Endquote
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yep, and I really think we should really think about it before it's too late. I think it's an imminent threat that we all are ignoring and is going to hit us big time. Automation is already causing several job losses around it and it's just time that humans invent machines smarter than us.

I estimate another ~30 years for humans to figure out that it's already late. 👎
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I agree. Reluctantly. Like AGW, but much faster. Even a simple pick and place replaces at least three workers, does not form unions and works 24 X 7.
    Maybe only 15 years and not 30.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Already begun?
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Former Apple Manufacturing Experts Bring AI to the Shop Floor
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

THE title of this thread might appear to be quite misleading or something, but i did not know how best to put it though. now here is a situation: a...
Hello, I am student of engineering and want to do higher degree course from the IITs. I am confused which is the better option for me to get into IITs,...
Panasonic has officially unveiled a new smartphone device, P55 Max, in the affordable budget bracket with the price tag of Rs. 8,499. The new handset features a 5.5-inch IPS display...
Since the beginning of this year we have been seeing a flurry of Redmi phones in the market. First it was the Redmi Note 4, followed by the Redmi 4A...
I want to fabricate drone which can weigh 600 kgs with minimum cost. Can anyone provide me the drone specifications and some ideas I want to optimize it.