Agile methodology SCRUM

There are many detailed descriptions of Scrum and Agile available online, this is just concise introduction of Agile methodology Scrum which I am currently working on in my new project.

Go through it and let me know if there is any differ in understanding ...

*Traditional Software development cycles used to follow "waterfall" or 'incremental" models which are highly organinsed in terms of documentation but at same time has main con that involves human and creates problems like misunderstanding ,copping up, and resulting in a product which is far other than required inclusive of investing money and time.
*Agile methodology on the other hand is more customer perspective. It means moving quickly to next level. It is develped from old iterative and incremental models. It helps in developing "working software" quickly than wasting time in writing specification up front. Every aspect of development , requiremnt, design ..etc is continuasly revisited throughout the lifecycle.
*Scrum is an agile framework for completing complex projects.
Has few principles:
1. Indiciduals interaction over processes and tools.
2.Completed functionality over comprehensive documentation.
3.Customer collaboration over contract negotiation.
4.Repsonding to change over following plan.
*Scrum Structure :
Scrum is agile iterative incremental framework for projects. It structures development in cycles of work called Sprints. These are 1-4 week in length and take place one after another. Sprints are of fixed duration and non extendable.At begining team selects items from prioritized list,commit end date and start working.During sprint item is not change.Everday team briefs about progress and updates.At end of sprint review is done with stakeholders and feedback can be incorporated in next sprint.

* It follows "Inspect and Adopt " approch.

*Scrum Roles:
There are 3 roles 1. Product Owner(Project Managet) - Responsible for priortizing list.
2. Team - Responsible for building a product.
3. Scrum Master - Helps to learn and apply scrum to achieve business value.

I will post how scrums are getting created in following post .

Replies

• Radhika Deshpande
    Radhika Deshpande
    *Creating Scrum:
    Product owner creates prioritize list of items called Product Backlog. Product Backlog is continously updated with effort and value.
    At begining of every sprint 2 sprint planning meeting takes place.First part focuses on what the product owner wants. and in 2nd part how to implement it,commitment making decision happens here by team members. Once time available is determined, team starts with first item of Product Backlog (highest priority item), break itinto individual task which are recorded in a document called Sprint Backlog.

*Daily scrum:
    It is a short (STANDING) meeting of say about 15 mins in which you have to report each other on progress and obstracles. The report is not a just status reporting kind of meeting but in this you have to say about 3 and only 3 things to your members :
    1 .What you able to do.
    2. What you are planning to achieve.
    3. Any blocks.

Sprint review and Retrospective:
    These happens at the end.Main function here is to update sprint backlog and sprint burndown chart also updating release backlog and burndown chart. If there is some work remaining you can carry out in Release Sprint. Integration and Regression is also done in Release Sprint.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello friends could any one download the following IEEE papers and upload it to me, if u have IEEE membership. or go to link IEEE Xplore - Sign In 2)...
infinite rotation of energy cycle produce leet energ non ending soonest
Tata DoCoMo will be the first private telecom operator in India to introduce the much awaited 3G services in India. The service will be launched on November 5 this year....
Indian Rupee Symbol has been added to Unicode Version 6.0.0 - As mentioned here - Unicode 6.0.0 Version 6.0.0 - adds 2,088 characters, including over 1,000 additional symbols—chief among them...
hello guys, i am cyrrently working of software designed radio and i got stuck while installing my USRP. i had already installed the gnu radio 3.3 varsion and currently i...