AC resistance less than DC resistance in Litz wire

I was testing a wireless charging Litz wire coil at work today and realized something strange to me. The formula I know for calculating AC resistance is "Z = √ (R2 + (XL– XC)2". To my understanding, in this formula, your AC resistance can not be lower than your DC resistance. However, when I was measuring the A6 litz wire coil at 30kHz, I was getting around 58mOhm of AC resistance and 65 mOhm of DC resistance. At 120kHz, the ACR is 78mOhm and DCR is still 65 mOhm, which makes sense then. How is it possible at low frequencies (appears to be less than 42kHz) that the ACR can be lower than DCR? Is there a different formula when calculating this? I am familiar with how Litz wire is woven and skin effect/depth.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i have fest in my college so i want some different and crazy ideas.
How to determine Yield Strength from ultimate tensile strength of a material? Also is there any difference between tensile strength and ultimate tensile strength as well as tensile stress and...
Today I saw one website sell one book PDF in cheap rates.If same idea if we implement for selling online what about it????My idea is that...to sell the PDF of...
I want to manage three type of accounts in my website but i am confused that how i can make it possible. 
MamePlease send me my e. maileSaharawatkumar@gmail.comJlpt N5past question paper  please help me