Absolute Zero: What if Facebook existed in the 18th century?

AZ21

This might be a comic, but it deals with a more serious issue - about FB privacy. Is Facebook justified in using our private information to sell ads? Now FB is looking to create an ad network - so ads will be targeted to us through other sites, using our FB information!

Is this outrage-worthy?

Before you storm about how Facebook is trespassing on our privacy, consider these two points:

1. You don't pay for Facebook. It's free. Someone has to pay for all those servers. And really, do you have the right to complain about something until you pay for it?
2. You can always choose the amount of private information you put up yourself on Facebook, or any other site for that matter.

Discussions, debates, thoughts and of course, critique for the comic itself welcome! 😉

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    I think the attitude of have all- but for free makes people complain about fb privacy issues. Firslt, its free and fb has not mandated registration and as well, have provided safer privacy settings
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Serious Comic!
  • Shawrix
    Shawrix
    Well..just because its free it doesn't mean that it has the 'right' to trespass our privacy. Yes we have a choice of putting things up, but who gave you a right to misuse them?. We goto our friends house for free they don't charge a 'entry fees' to their house.. still i will not let my friends trespass my privacy.
  • SatyaAkshintala
    SatyaAkshintala
    Well, i opine that its completely depends on end user to place his personal private things on to a social network portal, as long as they are active every one will be aware of , and one point that should be taken note of is once i get myself out of the site i should be no more tracked which would be a trespassing privacy, as in if someone deletes a picture from a social networking site it should be deleting from their end as well instead in most of cases what it happens is the picture will be hidden to everone including the owner.
    As they say ..., "To enter is by Choice and the Choice is already choosen" .
  • whiz.kid.aniket
    whiz.kid.aniket
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Do you work for MTV India?
  • Deepak Gopalakrishnan
    Deepak Gopalakrishnan
    whiz.kid.aniket
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Do you work for MTV India?
    Nope - I just draw once in a while for 'em 😀
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    i find it real serious the data once if it hits online is free and out of our control it is hard to completely wipe it out of the world once we publish it in social medias

we better take care of what we post in them

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It is an effort to develop a tool to manage the verification and validation process. Abstract: The goal is to ensure that the software and the documents are developed are...
Hello, I am working on design of CMOS second generation current controlled current conveyors (CCCII+). I am working in 0.13um CMOS technology. I am stuck with the design of W/L...
Hi, Can you please suggest me what topics would be good for my mini project.???
Dear sir I want to know how rfid interface with plc.Rfid interfacing with plc or microcontroller at89c51 which is best or simple way.and we want 25 voltage convert into 5...
1. Bill Gates earns US$250 every SECOND, that’s about US$20 Million a DAY and US $7.8 Billion a YEAR! 2. If he drops a thousand dollars, he won’t even bother...