'con',
'Nul',
'lpt1,2,3...',
'com1,2,3...'
are not created in windows?

Replies

• komputergeek
    komputergeek
    'con' is a reserved word from the old DOS days, meaning 'console'. If you wanted to create new text file in DOS you could type 'copy con filename.txt' meaning copy from the console to filename.txt. This would let you type some lines and when you ended the file with ^Z you would have a file called filename.txt containing whatever you wrote in the console.
  • xero
    xero
    the rest of the names are the generic names of ports

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

😁 i want know that how can a program get time bounded input in "C Language"... i want to ask that when a user input he has only few seconds...
Hi CE's i hope everyone follows 'CE RULES'.......😁 Enjoy😁 All discussions must happen on CE Forums. Providing email ID only invites spammers.
Those who are searching for professional yet free 😉 themes for their wordpress blogs - Visit: 10 professional looking Wordpress themes Others, please add more links.
Hi Guys, Can you solve this? Problem: Find the nth biggest number in an array! Input: array of numbers, n Output: n biggest in the array. Example: Array = {...
Find integers a, b and c such that :- 987654321a + 123456789b + c = (a + b + c)³ There are (at least) 3 solutions with a and b...