A Brief History Of Time

I was wondering if anyone here ever took pains to read 'A Brief History Of Time' by Stephen Hawking.

The book is simply Amazing!๐Ÿ˜

I recommend it to everyone who has ever wondered about this simple question - "How big is our universe?".

Go, just read it! You'll feel better after reading it.

-The Big K-

Replies

• rosh009
    rosh009
    HERE I'M!!!
    i've read it, biggie!
    awesome book!
    "brief history of time" by hawking + "cosmos" by carl sagan both read completely puts into TOP GEAR LOVE:dance: WITH A&A[ie.astronomy and astrophysics].
  • reachrkata
    reachrkata
    Me too !!!
    But, frankly, it took at least 6-7 readings of the entire book to half understand what he is telling in the book.
    But as said, it never ceases to interest you even after so many readings.
  • crook
    crook
    me three ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜

very good book, a complex subject explained using a very simple language. Stephan Hawking rocks!!
  • suyash
    suyash
    the book loses its simplicity after 3-4 chapters though...
    lots of mind boggling physics and mathematics involved...
    loved it !!

also read : how to build a time machine - by Paul Davies.... Its really awesome !! believe me..
  • birjoossh
    birjoossh
    hi dude ,
    but the problem is that u havent posted the link and unfortunately and i dont have the book
  • mahul
    mahul
    yeah splendid book, a masterpiece, i loved all of it.
  • gohm
    gohm
    The movie was also good, great visuals as well as explanations by Hawking.
  • gohm
    gohm
    If you like cosmology, also read anything by Michio Kaku, brilliant!
  • vissin
    vissin
    Ah the good old memories! Yes. I've read every single word of the book more than once... It's been sometime though.

There used to be a site that had the complete book in it... I still have the downloaded pages from that site. However, when I tried to visit the link again I found that it has been blocked due to copyright infringement. So birjoossh
    #-Link-Snipped-# I'm afraid you'll have to buy the book and you should... it's worth.
  • zeba
    zeba
    Yup sir, read it few yrs ago..Fascinated so much that yearned to get into astrophysics..but was 2 late and landed up engnn...๐Ÿ˜”
  • suyash
    suyash
    There's another simplified version of the book - "The Theory of Everything: The Origin and Fate of the Universe" written by the same author... its a great read for the ones who aren't well versed with physics ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

the thread title says it all. this thread is all about the scientific CRAZY doubts/ideas that u have/had/created. first up let me start: consider a ferocious hurricane galloping a city.and...
well i found a piece of setupfile that installs a game without admin rights but when doing the same with the original setup file the admin rights strangulates the procedure!!...
Dear members, I am a B.tech(3rd)yr student. i want to know how data from the disc is recovered,and how i proceed to make this application program in ASSEMBLY LANGUAGE.this is...
Dear members, I am B.Tech 3rd yr student. I want to make my carrier in VLSI Design ,give me the proper direction.
Hello to all, Gang, just done with a Core Java fast track course and will be having an Objective Type Exam probably on coming Thursday i.e. 29th Mar'07. So can...