What types of materials are best for allowing vibrations to pass through them easily?

I am an architecture student currently designing a building that augments/conducts vibrations through it.
What types of materials are best for allowing vibrations to pass through them easily? And what form should they be in? (hollowed steel..etc)

If anyone else has any other related information on the conduction and also dampening of vibrations, please write!

Thanks!

Replies

• Ernesha
    Ernesha
    Re: What types of materials are best for allowing vibrations to pass through them eas

Polaroid filters are made of a special material which is capable of blocking one of the two planes of vibration of an electromagnetic wave. (Remember, the notion of two planes or directions of vibration is merely a simplification which helps us to visualize the wavelike nature of the electromagnetic wave.) In this sense, a Polaroid serves as a device which filters out one-half of the vibrations upon transmission of the light through the filter. When unpolarized light is transmitted through a Polaroid filter, it emerges with one-half the intensity and with vibrations in a single plane; it emerges as polarized light. [​IMG]

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

*I am not advertising OPTUS Ads* I just loved this ad. The quote goes " we believe anything is possible in communication" I can relate this ad to the slaughter...
Name:Azhari Nickname :Ayie *Engineering Trade: Location: Malaysia *Occupation:Student Work Experience: Computer technician 6 month *Hobbies & Interests: research and development *Aim in life: Make AI robot for personal use *I...
Try this search site.... Search
Hi friends, Is it possible to program Human Mind/Brain ? Please note that the term 'program' implies human written softwares that can manipulate human mind. According to the psychological explanations...
Here are five tricky(but very simple for all our brainy CEans)questions that i got through mail .let's see how many you can answer! 1. A murderer is condemned to death....