Programming Human brain ?

Hi friends,

Is it possible to program Human Mind/Brain ?

Please note that the term 'program' implies human written softwares that can manipulate human mind.

According to the psychological explanations humans learn many things from their environment and if we can 'Visually' simulate this environment; do you think it is possible to manipulate human mind? (Same concept which was available in Matrix movie)

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hmm. Interesting! Years ago, I read about using signals from brain to control a small boat.

I believe it is possible. Maybe some hypnotism combined with programming. However, I'm not too sure if machines can hypnotize human mind.
  • jasson
    jasson
    Very complex issue I would say.....
  • yamrajbhalla
    yamrajbhalla
    machines can doo so for the normal type of humans
    i mean average one but only if we programm the machine in the ways in which a human can hypnotize a human
    the one with experience in it can doo soo
    i mean i hyppnotism
  • isurux
    isurux
    Hi guy's thank you all for the replies.

Simply put, what I wanted to know is whether there is a possibility of programming human brain cells (where we store all the control informations) at present. If not can we think of something smiler to that in the near future?
  • yamrajbhalla
    yamrajbhalla
    halla halla
    wait budyy human brain cells are need to be first observed carefully there behavior enviornment after that machine is created to control human brain and than cm thing can be done
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    well, it's possible to control devices based on our thought. It's done by capturing our
    brain signals through EEG or some other means, and using the signal to somehow
    manipulate what we think and then control the device.

But what you are asking is the opposite. If I'm not wrong, You are asking if human
    brain can be controlled by some external software. Like, can human brain calls can be
    used as memory or something. Now, this is something that has never been done
    before, and I do think it's a very dangerous proposition to try.

Yet, as every engineering challenge gets surpassed, there may come a time when
    human brain can be programmed to do something by a software.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    I think then it can become a advanced future generation kind of robotic system and if it becomes possible then it can happen people will not require any more brain surgeons , psychatraitists and all ๐Ÿ˜‰ but one thing is for sure, it is not going to be good for mankind. ๐Ÿ˜
  • jatin-phoenix
    jatin-phoenix
    shalini_goel14
    I think then it can become a advanced future generation kind of robotic system and if it becomes possible then it can happen people will not require any more brain surgeons , psychatraitists and all ๐Ÿ˜‰ but one thing is for sure, it is not going to be good for mankind. ๐Ÿ˜
    i am not too sure shalini regarding this being useful to humans...on some level yes but then these days every new technoogy finds its way into the extremists' hands...and that thought scares me..
    the good thing is i dont see this thing being achieved in near future..u have to know internal working of brain first to make some progress into programming it...
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    @jatin And you know what "Brain" is the most complicated part of human body for even medical side people to understand.

I wish some one could make a device for reading human minds rather than controlling human brain by man ๐Ÿ˜. One more wish I have - if some one could make a device for me that can scan all my books in my mind.๐Ÿ˜‰ I just don't need to read them.:sshhh:

@isurux Is it possible for you to make my wishes true? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • girish979
    girish979
    I think we can use Neural Networks & AI to do this
  • yamrajbhalla
    yamrajbhalla
    for your knowledge human eyes act as camera bt we dnt know where the vedio is stored
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    girish979
    I think we can use Neural Networks & AI to do this
    Onething , Neural N/W concept in AI itself found from human beings...
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    shalini_goel14
    I wish some one could make a device for reading human minds rather than controlling human brain by man ๐Ÿ˜. One more wish I have - if some one could make a device for me that can scan all my books in my mind.๐Ÿ˜‰ I just don't need to read them.:sshhh:

This is laziness, I should say. And I may also add greediness.
    You are asking your brain to be converted to a flash memory..๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’
  • jatin-phoenix
    jatin-phoenix
    @shalini
    thats what i meant when i remarked i dont see that happening in near future.
  • isurux
    isurux
    shalini_goel14
    if some one could make a device for me that can scan all my books in my mind.๐Ÿ˜‰ I just don't need to read them.:sshhh:

@isurux Is it possible for you to make my wishes true? ๐Ÿ˜€
    Exatly shalini_goel14, this is the main point I was trying to empasize. ๐Ÿ˜€
    If we can use new technology to enhance human abilities like efficient usage of human memory, such as: rather than experiencing a thing like flying in real situation if we can install a simulation experience and start flying... ๐Ÿ˜‰

I guess in near feature scientist's will be able to answer this question... even though human brain soppose to be one of complex gagets available in human computer ๐Ÿ˜‰

Any suggestions??
  • sjatkins
    sjatkins
    What I want is less exotic or perhaps more so depending on how you look at it. I would like to be able to in effect set up some simple data structures in the brain. Say for instance a FIFO queue of perhaps length 100 with each element containing only a few "bits" of information. Many types of problems could be handled more efficiently with such. A simple collection of up to 100 elements dependably stored and walkable of any kind would be a delight. Yes I am aware of some standard memory tricks but they aren't all that good. Especially if the "indices" need to change or multiple such data structure instances need to be held. Is there some short term memory hack that might serve for instances that don't need long recall?

Any idea whether such could be achieved?
  • isurux
    isurux
    shalini_goel14
    if some one could make a device for me that can scan all my books in my mind.;
    Yes, shalini_goel14 I hope one day we can experiment the enlightenment of managing our stored memory. Based on the facts unveils in this (#-Link-Snipped-#) article we can think that date is coming soon...

Also I do agree with your suggestion that rather than reading human mind if it can be used to organize our uncontrolled mind it will have more benefits. ๐Ÿ˜€

By the way NLP is been used as a mechanism to program human mind in a soft manner... (Psychotherapy)

Any updates ??
  • sjatkins
    sjatkins
    isurux
    Yes, shalini_goel14 I hope one day we can experiment the enlightenment of managing our stored memory. Based on the facts unveils in this (#-Link-Snipped-#) article we can think that date is coming soon...

Also I do agree with your suggestion that rather than reading human mind if it can be used to organize our uncontrolled mind it will have more benefits. ๐Ÿ˜€

By the way NLP is been used as a mechanism to program human mind in a soft manner... (Psychotherapy)

Any updates ??
    Why would you thing that it requires higher dimension or parallel universes to read the human mind? It is exceedingly unlikely that there is any communication at all across parallel universes, if they exist. That evolution of the human braing would have picked such an unlikely and highly exotic possibility to exploit is so utterly unlikely as to not be worth considering.

Parallel worlds and MWI and "higher dimensions" have become the new quantum mysticism. It is odd and far odd and poorly misunderstood and make our head hurt so it must explain everything mysterious and of course give adequate room for whatever traditional mystical notions one favors or would like to embrace besides.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    isurux
    Hi friends,

Is it possible to program Human Mind/Brain ?

Please note that the term 'program' implies human written softwares that can manipulate human mind.

According to the psychological explanations humans learn many things from their environment and if we can 'Visually' simulate this environment; do you think it is possible to manipulate human mind? (Same concept which was available in Matrix movie)
    It can be done upto a certain extent only. As per me human brain can be programmed, however its possible only for the thoughts which human had already thought of. Human brain can not be programmed to invent something or to think out of blue.

We can not expect that a robot (Bot with a programmed human mind) will think that how to design a software for programming the human mind?? Make sense??

-CrazyGirl.
  • Black_Rose
    Black_Rose
    I don't know if you can.. although if anyone watches a programme called the Dollhouse.. it might seem otherwise ๐Ÿ˜›
  • ProdigiousJ
    ProdigiousJ
    I believe it is very possible to program the brain. We are in the beginning stages obviously of making this work but it can and will. I have read a lot about the brain and it is very maleable. "Programs of the Brain" by John Z. Young is a good book to read from Oxford University. Ive also read a book called, "The Talent Code". These 2 books have convinced me. It is possible to create programs that will allow you to calculate mathmatical problems very quickly in your brain like a human calculator. As crazy as it sounds, obsession is the key. You must become obsessed and develop habbits that practice doing these things. Count things in your physical surroundings and then multiply things in your head and the more you do it the more easy it will become. Savants do it and according to the talent code thats cus they often focus and basically obsess on doing these because its their special interests. I have already began to calculate numbers in my head intuitively just from practice. It requires training of your intuition, logic, and strengthening your Corpus Callosum which would allow your 2 brain hemispheres to communicate better with each other so you can create the logical programs with your creative right hemisphere. Playing music also helps a lot, especially piano for the conjunction of 2 hands and the training of ambidexterity. Imagination and intuition is the key.
  • jhnmichle
    jhnmichle
    Haman brain is most complex thing. after 500 years ago i can think human brain programming is possible.
  • Ammar Aziz
    Ammar Aziz
    dear friend in today's world it is possible to program human mind. actually from your childhood the environment surrounding you progrms your mind and in future the major part of your acts are according to this environment. i think you understand that how easily a human brain programmed. but keep in mind that at the time of your birth you are programmed by the creator of you Allah Almighty and this programming is much powerful than the programming which i described above.
  • manishks
    manishks
    When we touch something, its an input to our brain. It tells us about that 'something'! I think for written programming which can be given as an input to the brain we need some external device. Input signals should be such that our brain can interpret them. Then our brain would give an output and desired task will be performed. Is this possible?
  • ProdigiousJ
    ProdigiousJ
    Most defnitely, it's all about the external stimulus influencing the internal output.
  • TheHellRocker
    TheHellRocker
    Well, I think... programming human brain is already in place. We are getting our brain programmed by our daily life and learning skills. Similar things can also be done by the help of machines and software (controlling the machines), using such machines, we can create certain environment around us that the brain learn the things about the newly created environment.

Best example for this is astronauts training, before going to the space missions and getting their brain programmed to act accordingly in the new environment that they are supposed to live in, during their mission...

I hope it relates to the doubts of many and clears it to some extent...
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    What about using Brainwaves? They are kinda brain programming using alpha waves right?
  • ProdigiousJ
    ProdigiousJ
    Yea it would defnitely help. Alpha waves relax the mind but also make you alert and ready to learn and absorb. Beta waves on the other hand make you LOOSE concentration and feel stressed. So if you add more alpha waves it would probably help the programming, w/e it may be. But im not positive.
  • nerdy_me
    nerdy_me
    I want to ask something ......Is transplantation of human mind possible yet?? Or if yes...then how ...Will it be?
    And I think we can code human mind and it's working can be controlled by the coding itself..Don't know how to implement but I will think over...
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    nerdy_me
    I want to ask something ......Is transplantation of human mind possible yet?? Or if yes...then how ...Will it be?
    And I think we can code human mind and it's working can be controlled by the coding itself..Don't know how to implement but I will think over...
    Yeah, till now no one had done a BT right???

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here are five tricky(but very simple for all our brainy CEans)questions that i got through mail .let's see how many you can answer! 1. A murderer is condemned to death....
Notice a hidden symbol in the Federal Express logo โ€‹ The 'arrow' that you can see between the E and the x in this logo. The arrow was introduced to...
Hi all I'm a computer science grad and wish to pursue a career in web development. ๐Ÿ˜
Hai,i have some idea to build robot using clock/gear concept and maybe with some electronic base.but i don't know if this clock concept can make robot.so i need CE member...
Note: ABC1.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations. Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details. Now when i use : javac ABC1.java -Xlint ABC1.java:26: warning: [unchecked] unchecked call to add(E) as a...