Quantitative Aptitude 13

A person is standing on a staircase . He walks down 4 steps, up 3 steps, down 6 steps, up 2 steps, up 9 steps, and down 2 steps. Where is he standing in relation to the step on which he started?

A) 2 steps above
B) 1 steps above
C) the same place
D) 1 steps below
E) 4 steps above

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Its 2 Steps above.

@Mona: Good going to keep this initiative active. Could you increase the difficulty level .
  • rishi0922
    rishi0922
    its soooo easy mona, so increase the toughness ......./
  • Chitti
    Chitti
    Increased difficulty level....

A and B are participating i a 1500 m race. A gives B a lead of 50 m and beats him by 10 m in a 500 m race. If B completes the 1500 m race in 44 minutes, then A finishes the race.....minutes before B.
    1) 2 minutes
    2) 12 minutes
    3) 14 minutes
    4) 20 minutes
  • mathbyvemuri
    mathbyvemuri
    "A gives B a lead of 50 m and beats him by 10 m in a 500 m race"
    => this means, in the same amount of time the distances travelled by A and B are as follows:
    distance travelled by A = 500m
    distance travelled by B = 450-10 = 440m

=> (Speed of A)/(Speed of B) = 500/440 = 50/44
    As the speed and time are inversly proportional for the same amount od distance,
    => (Time taken by A)/(Time taken by B) = 44/50
    => (Time taken by A) = (44/50)(Time taken by B)

This relation holds good for any race, if the speeds of A and B are assuned constant.

"B completes the 1500 m race in 44 minutes"
    => A completes this in = (44/50)*44 = this comes approximately to be 39 minutes
    A completes the race 44-39 = 5 minutes before B

Answer is not available in the options, pl check

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've no words. Just watch this - [video=youtube;fJFfcBGdh-s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJFfcBGdh-s[/video]
How export .dmp file into the database(oracle)? please tell me..............
hi, Any body give me ideas and topics relating computer engineering .... and idea will be worth considering relating to networking .... and kindly donot give the names only but...
hello guys, i would like to know whether it is possible to upconvert a 100MHz frequency modulated signal to 900MHz using an upconverter ic
hi i am new in this forum kindly suggest me project and i have to submit my proposal till monday i'll rate 4/10 in c language reply earlier