MS in India

hello dear engineer buddies , i want to know about the scope of MS from Bits Pilani or any other universities in India ?

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    May be #-Link-Snipped-# sir can help us. I also want to know about it. My professor told me that we need to appear for GATE and while admission, the cut off goes to 5000-6000 rank in mechanical. For CS/IT, it may be difficult.

Ramani sir, are you there?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I have guided one part time MS programme in BITS Pilani in biomedical engineering. The student was a scientist in the area. He had to attend some in house programme for about a fortnight after which he continued his research where he was working. I guided the study. Based on his work he wrote the thesis, which went through the usual process at BITS P and he got his MS degree.

There was no GATE for this kind of part time MS. This may be a good option if the employer permits such registration.
    The downside is that a local guide has to be found. The guide has to satisfy the requirements of BITS to be a guide.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Sir, can you tell me what is the difference between M.S and M. Tech courses offered in India?
    All I could find that, M.S is 3 years and M. Tech 2 years duration.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I am doing MS from BITS pilani. although its work-integrated (simply you can say distance learning) but the syllabus is same as on-campus.

This may be a good option if the employer permits such registration.
    The downside is that a local guide has to be found. The guide has to satisfy the requirements of BITS to be a guide.
    For working guys.. criteria is more than 1 year experience and finding a mentor who have more than 5 years experience. Duration is 4 semesters (3 sem + 1 project ).
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    MS is by research while MTech is a structured didactic course in most universities.
  • avii
    avii
    ianoop
    I am doing MS from BITS pilani. although its work-integrated (simply you can say distance learning) but the syllabus is same as on-campus.

For working guys.. criteria is more than 1 year experience and finding a mentor who have more than 5 years experience. Duration is 4 semesters (3 sem + 1 project ).
    Can you provide more information regarding this ? Are students required to have prior research experience ? published some papers ?

btw are you doing MS in Software Systems ?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    avii
    Can you provide more information regarding this ? Are students required to have prior research experience ? published some papers ?

btw are you doing MS in Software Systems ?
    Yes, I am pursuing MS in Software systems.
    No research required.. but 1 year experience required. check this link.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, We're happy and excited to introduce a brand new homepage for CrazyEngineers! A lot has been done under the hood and this post will give you a quick overview...
The generic top level domains .blog, .app, .cloud, .search etc. are being awarded by ICANN - the organisation responsible for the web addresses on the Internet. Google's applied for the...
construction and working of dynamometer-type & induction-type instruments
So, Nouveau drivers were pain in arse, as it usually won't be able to render the images smoothly & gaming with intel drivers was cumbersome. Intel officially launched "Intel Graphics...
Indian electronics market is going ga-ga over the low cost tablets and mobile phones, thanks to the accelerated growth of players in this domain viz. Micromax, Karbonn, Lava, Spice Telecom,...