iOS 7.1 Update Released With CarPlay, Improved Siri And Multiple UI Tweaks

Apple has now released a major update for the iPhone and the iPad. iOS 7.1 is released almost six months after Apple launched the redesigned iOS 7. This version will be compatible with iPhone 4 and later, iPad 2 and later, and iPod touch (5th generation) devices. The update includes many bug fixes along with lots of minor changes to the user interface design resolves most of the initial problems with the software.

The software includes Apple's CarPlay Now Official: Easy way to operate iPhone while driving, a feature which was previously known as Apple's "iOS In The Car" System All Set To Launch This Week, supports iPhone calling, maps, messages, music and also allows users to control certain functions using the in-built voice assistance Siri. Siri has also been updated to have a more natural male and female voice for Mandarin, UK English, Australian English and Japanese. By holding the home button when speaking and releasing it when done, Siri can now automatically notice when you stop talking. Many UI changes have been brought to the iOS in-built apps like iTunes Radio and Calendar. With the Calendar app, users can now view events in month view and country holidays have been added but not for all countries. The Camera has been set to automatically enable HDR for iPhone 5s.

iOS_7_Update

The iOS 7.1 update also fixes a bug which used to occasionally crash the home screen, improves the Touch ID fingerprint recognition and has many user interface refinements. iOS 7.1 had five developer beta versions. Users with iOS 7.1 beta 5 version should upgrade to the full version of iOS 7.1 as the beta version does not include features like the Apple iOS 7.0.6 update released with fix for SSL connection verification and a finalized version of CarPlay. With the iOS 7.1 update, other apps on the OS X platform have also received updates like Remote, GarageBand, Logic Remote and Podcasts. Xcode 5.1 update was also released which includes SDK for the iOS 7.1, a new Auto Layout constraint inspector and bug fixes.

Source: Apple Releases iOS 7.1 With CarPlay, Touch ID Improvements, Visual Tweaks - MacRumors | #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am a 3rd yr student.i like to prepare for gate 2015 to get into public sector unit..but I didn't touch anything preparation for gate...solidly I have 1 year..i am...
Idea, the leading cellular service provider in India, has launched two new smartphones for the consumers in the country - Idea Ultra II and Idea !d 1000. The two smartphones...
LG has revealed its new primus which shall contest the other big guns in the arena - the LG G3, succeeding the company's current flagship LG G2. Sources reveal that...
The need to create a tool that would facilitate collaboration in a better manner and help people "work the way they want to" - inspired Jon Froda to launch Podio....
VampireLabs submitted a new project: 1st Patented Vampire Proof Mobile Charger - Kickstarter Project- Mobile charger that elminates Vampire Energy Loss. An Austin start-up company, Vampire Labs, has solved Vampire...