In synchronous communication how the clock signal is sent with the main signal?

And what is mean by the clock signal? Because it is just high or low right?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    CLk pulse is a trigger pulse what is your sync circuit you have

Why do you want to transmit it ?

In general only signal restorers are sent in transmission

If clk is transmitted then it will be used for triggering or activating some pulse or part of circuit
  • pratap singh, upendra
    pratap singh, upendra
    in practice clock information is transmitted rather than the clock signal.

the purpose of sending the clock information may be to synchronize different parts of the system that are distant apart, or to determine the timing when a particular circuit should be come operational in its true sense etc.

usually depending upon the physical separation between the transmitter and the receiver, there are two fundamental techniques to send the clock information.
    • when the transmitter and the receiver are closely situated(as in a laboratory), the two could be supplied by a common clock. in this case the clock source is connected to the two individual components( of course transmitter and the receiver).
    • when the units are situated far from one another we make use two codings techniques:- manchester coding and differential coding. these are basically used to convert or to encode the clock information(digital data) into an equivalent digital signal. this encoded information is embedded in the modulated signal and then sent from transmitter to be received at the receiver.
    hope that will help you. for further reference you can visit wikipedia to get to know the pros and cons of the two encoding schemes discussed above.

regards,
    proffy

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

LG executive has confirmed in an Interview that the LG Nexus Phone with Android 4.2 Key Lime Pie is coming to India by the end of November. There's no word...
I am interested in processor design, and I would like to know how many transistors are in the average processor designed in the last year or so is, and how...
Well i an talking about those machines , made by various manufacturers such as carrier, bluestar and usha. these machines have a provision by which a water tank (commercially available)...
The TV lovers who don't want to miss out on the power of Internet will be delighted to know that Samsung ES9000 , the 75" Smart TV has been launched...
I am an beginer in software programming and look forward to having a great time on CrazyEngineers!