How to improve efficiency of IC engine?

How to improve the efficiency of an ic engine?😀

Replies

• Rohan_sK
    Rohan_sK
    This is a very generalised question and can have a detailed answer with many points to mention. But here are a few basic ones.

1. Have the proper ratio of the A/F mixture, neither too lean nor too rich. Keep it close to the Stoichiometric ratio. Richer mixtures increase the CO2 and NO2 emissions.

By the way these days there are Direct Injection methods and also the mixture ratio is controlled according to the speeds dynamically by chip driven systems thus improving efficiency even more.

2. Maintain the Higher Compression Ratio but not too high to cause a knock or what is called a Detonation. Keep the proper balance, for Diesels its around 24:1 or so.

3. Use a good quality Engine Oil. It assures lesser wear and also reduces the danger from the carbon particles if any. Improves the life of the Engine.

4. Keep the emissions from the engine in controlled limits.

5. Use proper gear ratios and transmissions to get maximum torque from the produced power.

6. Keep the overall weight moderate.

7. Proper tyre Pressures and good quality tyres without much wear can help a lot improve the efficiency overall.
  • mutley
    mutley
    Four things you can do / combustion effiency/volume effience/thurmal effiency and friction ( sorry about spelling as i write them as i see them, dixlexia long story)
    i will be loseing the 2nd piston ring to help reduce friction and polish the in side of the engine block and cutting the camshafts so 2 pistons fire togeather to get the touque up and lossing the 4 vavel head for a 2 vavle job from a cvh engine.
    will add more but getting my gril ready for school.
  • uttanoor harish
    uttanoor harish
    nidheesh
    How to improve the efficiency of an ic engine?😀
    To improve or to increase the diameter of the cylinder to improve the efficiency of an ic engine😁
  • mutley
    mutley
    uttanoor harish
    To improve or to increase the diameter of the cylinder to improve the efficiency of an ic engine😁
    The larger the volume the harder to fill VE would drop off. that's why thay use lost of small one's
  • ankit bapat
    ankit bapat
    can anyone explain technical modifications in the engine to improve the efficiency not the precautions of using an engine to do the same
  • sangeethsreeni
    sangeethsreeni
    Efficiency of IC engine can be increased by providing a ionizing field in the combustion chamber making the combustion process more rapid. By this the actual cycle tend to the ideal cycle where efficiency is increased.......
  • ankit bapat
    ankit bapat
    if we consider the problem in terms of thermodynamics
    then we should concentrate on how less we eject the heat energy from the exhaust and how can we utilize more heat to convert it into work
    i.e. heat at sink is reduced
    automatically the efficiency increases
    above concept is the base for all researches for improving the efficiency
  • sangeethsreeni
    sangeethsreeni
    the heat rejected to the sink can be reduced by the rapid burning,,,, ie giving less heat transfer period....
    This can be done by giving ionizing field....
    i think even a small projections on the electrodes can give the ionizing field, without much complication..............
  • chaudhary mayank
    chaudhary mayank
    we can use morden technologies , i mean we setup to increase oxygen % in air fuel mixtue ti increse efficiency 😁😨

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can you give me a figure for Power Steering?
I'm amazed to see that when an autorun file is deleted from pendrive(usually containing virus info) it gets recovered automatically. I want to know that why does this happen and...
A,B,C,D,E,F and G are brother.two brothers had an argument and A said to B 'You are as old as C was when i was twice as old as D,and will...
Dear all, good day, FYI, I am currently doing some projects on finned tube heat exchanger where hot air is travel outside the fin and cool water is inside the...
Sir / madam, My question is No. of animals is 11 more than the no. of birds. If the no. of birds were the no. of animals and no. of...