Do women make better teachers than men?

90% staff of my Engineering College is FEMALE.

Some students in my class were discussing that, "This madam lacks technical interest and required skills. She could not get a job. So she ended up teaching!"

๐Ÿ˜”

And from what I see, in America and most other nations, college professors are mostly men...

What do you think? Do women make better teachers than men?

Replies

• gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    From my experience I can surely say that women do make good teachers than men. There are also more female professors in my college. As compared to their male counterparts, female teachers are more responsible and less arrogant.
  • sookie
    sookie
    What a gender based discrimination ! I hate these things. You can never compare a FEMALE with a MALE in any sense. Rubbish!
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    He He, Spare me for being arrogant or rude ๐Ÿ˜

This is just a topic of debate; although we shouldn't do this type of debate on web forums.

Still For me, women teachers are very good for practical labs, however man professors are better at classroom coachings.

-CB
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    From my point of view women teachers lack technically, mostly in engineering colleges most of the professors are male. But is also true that lady teachers work very responsibly and they are generally good in giving lectures. I think its very difficult for women to teach better than men in technical field.
    Male teacher have technical interest because they make the students do work practically and forces to think as much as they can and do not make the things limited.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I really dont want such discriminative discussions . Its same as the previous discussions where women blog about emotions.. see since the time INDIA became independent women have been at home , thye were limited to art stuff thats well and good, so you really don't find elder technical women teachers, but now everyone attending universities and I myself know my female friends who have passed out from IIT and NIT. for god sake don't bring up such discussions. It hurts even to read. I am aspiring to become a professor in the field of networking and I can handle my own programming without any help from any male counter parts. Know what? In one of our best male professors class we had a Female research take a class for us.

.. and not only women even men take up teaching profession even though they don't want to.These is no such thing like - she was not good technically hence he became a teacher. Its better to respect a person who si teaching you rather than musing such useless things.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    sushant005
    From my point of view women teachers lack technically, mostly in engineering colleges most of the professors are male. But is also true that lady teachers work very responsibly and they are generally good in giving lectures. I think its very difficult for women to teach better than men in technical field.
    Male teacher have technical interest because they make the students do work practically and forces to think as much as they can and do not make the things limited.
    I dont know , but how much have you learnt from so called teachers?? It depends on students how much they grasp from teacher, not on the gender of the teacher
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    It doesn't matter who is teaching , no discrimination indeed!!
    I have seen brilliant teachers both Male and Female and foolish too! so Gender doesnt matter , what matter is how much intellect the teacher is!
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    The point that i have noticed and experienced till date is that when ever we have male teachers as Externals in our Lab sessions the viva part will be easy else with female staff it will be a little difficult!!!

Other than that teachings all are the same and it depends on his/her knowledge and not on gender!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Indeed, both male and female lecturers are very capable.. both in class and labs. Though I do notice the difference in teaching as well as disciplinary methods. To each their own, I guess.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've had both male and female teachers and I can't tell who taught better. Even during engineering; the experience wasn't any different. It's impossible to conclude.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I've had some excellent female teachers in my school. More than the subject they taught, I still remember their way of approach. They instilled in me the confidence that anything is possible.

In college, I had very little female staff. I mostly had male staff. But the few female staff I had were very good indeed.

Teaching methods, outlook towards education and its purpose in general, and attitude can never be the same for any two teachers. Everyone will have their own ideas about how and what to teach.
    Rather than making this a gender issue, let's accept this diversity as it is. As far as I'm concerned, I've experienced excellent teachers in both genders.
  • callyD
    callyD
    I think men have neglected the teaching careers because the money isn't the greatest but an important job still.
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    Gender doesn't matter when it comes to knowledge; whether it is giving or receiving. Both have their own teaching patterns and it doesn't matter if the teacher is a male or a female.
  • 4M4N
    4M4N
    Why to introduce this male female difference in the teaching, i hate that thing. One side we want equality, but on the otherside we are creating the differences between genders. I also have both male and female teachers and couldnt find any difference in teaching
  • shiwa436
    shiwa436
    During my college days, some of my lecturers both MALE and FEMALE rocked with their lectures, and some created mess with their 'tech' skills......
  • MegaByte
    MegaByte
    When it comes to imparting knowledge, it is not of the prime importance that if the teacher is male or female. Both can be equally good.
  • BCA_GIRL
    BCA_GIRL
    @ Sookie and Nion - I am completely agree with you. Gender doesn't matters. I am a girl, but i can do some works of boys better then them. And on the other hand, i can't do the normal works which a girl can do easily. Everyone has his/her own capability. We should thing high.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

By eradicate I mean, make a corruption-free country. Corruption has become such a common word in India that sometimes I feel, after a couple of decades, Kindergarten students will be...
IIT HOME FIITJEE Brilliant Tutorials Career Point Resonance Bansal Classes Radiance Vidya Mandir Classes Allen Career Institute Sri Chaitanya
Hi everyone, Today only got the following forwarded information , so sharing with you people if anyone interested. ๐Ÿ˜€ Good Luck ! ๐Ÿ˜€
Hey Guys! I'm new to this forum, but I found it really exciting. Here I can reach out to as many tech professionals as I want. Thanks Sunil ๐Ÿ˜
What are the impacts of Indian dams in Kashmir on rivers in Pakistan?