Can we have an IRC channel for CE?

Hey guys, I want to particulary tag the Good Admin " #-Link-Snipped-#" to read this.

We thank you for everything you have made out of us by giving us this community. But I want to ask for a small favor if possible. Can we get a dedicated IRC for the website? There are many hosts which provide this service at cheap and affordable rates. I know we have a message system but that is static communication. If we can get IRC, we can enhance our personal communications. Also it will help us to solve queries / seek suggestions from others in fastest possible way. This will help in removing SPAM posts, like how to do this and that type of stuff and also this will help them better understand the issue.

IRC can be deployed live on the website like chat system or we can host a domain/channel on existing IRC servers or tag on applications like mIRC. Please tell if this is possible.

Tagging other regular CEans for their comments on this,

#-Link-Snipped-#
#-Link-Snipped-#
#-Link-Snipped-#
#-Link-Snipped-#
#-Link-Snipped-#
#-Link-Snipped-#
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    There are many things we can launch. But how does launching IRC channel help CrazyEngineers?

By the way we do have a chat system that's getting an overhaul. Keep an eye on the apps page.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Kaustubh Katdare
    There are many things we can launch. But how does launching IRC channel help CrazyEngineers?

By the way we do have a chat system that's getting an overhaul. Keep an eye on the apps page.

IRC can help us to communicate and chat with people real time. Either this or the website chat system, both will help. We didnt have chat so i suggested IRC. Both serve same purpose. With experience on IRC, it helps in solving a lot of queries with proper understanding and getting to know others.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    How about Ventrilo ?
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Dude Ventrilo is better for raiding. I know where you are getting at with this. Teamspeak is better in that field. But both are not good for technical discussions or lets say Forum based communities.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I dont even have the basics of what we are talking here, but after reading through the posts and reading in google I have understood that IRC is something that is used for one to one communication , group communication and file sharing!

Dont get me wrong here, but these things we already have on CE. The chat section is still there but people spend more time in chatting with others. So what is the advantage of having IRC ?

And one more question, the teamspeak and ventrilo what is the different between these software and skype?
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    English-Scared
    I dont even have the basics of what we are talking here, but after reading through the posts and reading in google I have understood that IRC is something that is used for one to one communication , group communication and file sharing!

Dont get me wrong here, but these things we already have on CE. The chat section is still there but people spend more time in chatting with others. So what is the advantage of having IRC ?

And one more question, the teamspeak and ventrilo what is the different between these software and skype?

Well, Teamspeak and Ventrilo are a lot different than skype. they consume less data for one. You dont have video calling. You can make private channels and offices as needed. Skype doesnt allot it. As we have different sections in Community forums, Teamspeak can be made like that.

what you know of IRC is theoritical definition. IRC is a dedicated channel to chat. It includes group chats and personal chats too. They consume the least data possible for communication unless you send big files.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    One thing for sure how many CEans are in CE conference now a days

By the by the real time Chat can be a potentially misused by other newbs

PS: Personally a new messenger is not a thing I would want now too many messengers as of late
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Conqueror
    One thing for sure how many CEans are in CE conference now a days

By the by the real time Chat can be a potentially misused by other newbs

PS: Personally a new messenger is not a thing I would want now too many messengers as of late

It will help them open up and share. Plus it will reduce unnecessary spam on the community forum. Making threads without relevance for simple things. I dont find any misuse in that, what kind are you speaking of?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    #-Link-Snipped-#

We already pondered this thread on a large scale a simple search was all that I needed to find this

COme on Nayan Do search before posting

In what way is this IRC different from Messenger
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I would simply say : Most CEans have smartphones.
    So what about Whatsapp group ?
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Yes english scared is right.We all have used conversations and its damn good with file sharing options.Try CE options to explore more on this.Our CE chat is secured and ease of access and i like the format of subject and messages.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Conqueror
    #-Link-Snipped-#

We already pondered this thread on a large scale a simple search was all that I needed to find this

COme on Nayan Do search before posting

In what way is this IRC different from Messenger

Messenger is what a dedicated App which will need development right from scrap from basic coding to implementation. IRC is a readymade feature you can add to any website. Plus it helps in fast communication. As biggie already said, they are getting an integrated chat system for website soon, then there is no need for IRC.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    I think IRC would be nothing more that a fancy feature. We have (or had ๐Ÿ˜จ ) CE-Conference. I dont think people are using that much. May be, we could add CE-Conference back to front page or community page.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The CE Conference will return. I'm just evaluating a better version of it. Unfortunately, it's take a back seat because we're warming up for the next big launch on CE ๐Ÿ˜‰

But as I said, it'll return to stay.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Wow something is cooking again in CE What could that be a teaser when will we have it Sire
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm just evaluating a better version of it. Unfortunately, it's take a back seat because we're warming up for the next big launch on CE ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The CE Conference will return. I'm just evaluating a better version of it. Unfortunately, it's take a back seat because we're warming up for the next big launch on CE ๐Ÿ˜‰

What type of launch we can expect. Come on. A teaser won't do any harm. And is it the same thing around 18th of august? Whenever you say a big launch, something dynamic pops out ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : You should witness our launches. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : You should witness our launches. ๐Ÿ˜€

I still would like some kind of teaser. It increases the excitement. You see us discussing so much over some gadget launching a month from now, you can give us a hint at least ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Kaustubh Katdare

We will wait for it.will the next launch in CE worth waiting?
    We still believe you and wait for it.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Was CEoM worth it?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I saw many forum and organization have their IRC channel. But as Biggie said CE-Conference is coming back it's better we use CE-Conference.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Harshad Italiya
    I saw many forum and organization have their IRC channel. But as Biggie said CE-Conference is coming back it's better we use CE-Conference.

Did CE Conference work like live chat system? I dont know about it. Can anyone link me some thread from the past that would help to understand that feature? I couldn't find it.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Nayan Goenka
    Did CE Conference work like live chat system? I dont know about it. Can anyone link me some thread from the past that would help to understand that feature? I couldn't find it.
    Yes it will. Let's wait for some time. I am eagerly waiting for it.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    guys whatever you do but make something for low 2G and mobile users. Even i am ready to pay my place is not having network so think about us too

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Pathology slides may be the last place one may look for aesthetics. Yet surprising beauty lurks in the images of the medical world. More here: https://www.medgadget.com/2013/08/ex...feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Medgadget+(Medgadget)
Can anyone give me a link to the longest thread ever existed here? I think it might be some thread from the CDAC ones.
This is really awkward My friend while trying to instal Matlab experienced this error I am not sure whether There is some error in the CD or in the system...
I am starting this thread in order to make a collection for some good past time entertainment and fun. You are free to post jokes, riddles, videos, links to youtube...
Hey, if we dual boot or multiple boot our machine with different OS, then does it affect RAM or hard disk at system start up? or effect the performance in...