Which is the longest thread in CE History?

Can anyone give me a link to the longest thread ever existed here?

I think it might be some thread from the CDAC ones.

Replies

• Pensu
    Pensu
    Actually we tried to make world's longest thread few years ago. I dont exactly remember the name, but it was named "world's largest thread" or something. Try to search, you might find it.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    #-Link-Snipped-#

This one?
    Did it make the record? atleast national?
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Yeah, that's the one. I dont think it made any record. Otherwise, it would have been still alive. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Nayan Goenka
    #-Link-Snipped-#

This one?
    Did it make the record? atleast national?
    nostalgic...
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Can we open this again, with a target of breaking national record?

-CB
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    crazyboy
    nostalgic...
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Can we open this again, with a target of breaking national record?

-CB

I found a thread when Googling from some other forum. It has over 200,000 posts on that ๐Ÿ˜
    That is around total message count on CE till now ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's still not the longest thread. The longest thread I've known has over 800k messages.

I think there was a forum that already had over a million posts. It's almost impossible to beat it. What inspires me is that there are boards that generate about 5,000 posts on daily basis. We are not even crossing 500 ๐Ÿ˜•. We need people who can explode things like #-Link-Snipped-#.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    As new to CE I found this topic to be stimulating our new CE batch to break the previous record.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    You know, i was a great posting machine for about an year. At that time if the Ceom competition if existed then I would have won with a very high margin ๐Ÿ˜›.
    Dont want to talk too much about the past, but i was occupied with multiple things these days. I am very busy these days but still i decided to dedicate time. I thought I would become free but manythings coming up.

So, I will be regular ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    There are disadvantages too of such threads. The same reason why the previous one was stopped can be taken into account. Spamming and abusing it to improve your message count.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yes - such threads are basically useless and are unnecessary burden on the server. But they are fun ๐Ÿ˜ .

What we should aim for is to break the daily posting record. Shall we aim for 500 posts in a single day followed by 1000 posts in a day ( and then continue that trend forever? )
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    If we conduct it, it would eventually turn into spam! ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Praveen-Kumar
    If we conduct it, it would eventually turn into spam! ๐Ÿ˜”
    Dude! Where are you? You've gotta show the people how the whole quality posting business works. Waiting for your comeback and participation in CEoM.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Kaustubh, Is it possible that we have a banner displayed for everyone logged in to see the number of posts made on that day?

This will work, if we all who login see the number everyday we will be constantly reminded that we have to increase the count and we will eventually do it.

We (mods) will take care of the tasks, we will remove all the spam in this procedure.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hmm. The facility is not available by default. It will have to be developed though. Here's the latest graph - (click on the image to see larger version)

Screen Shot 2013-08-13 at 9.06.26 AM

Not to be shared in public.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    We can spam 500-700 posts per day & can get internet fame.

Or

We can create good informative threads about Projects/Technical debate & can be super-dope Engineers.
    Let's not forget the ultimate aim of CE.

I think 7 years have already passed, 3 more & we'll hit a 'decade'.So, let's hope before we reach 'decade', CE turn out to be an unique community which is lot better than any fucking nonsense thread spamming community out there.
    Y'know What I mean ?
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Abhishek Rawal
    We can spam 500-700 posts per day & can get internet fame.

Or

We can create good informative threads about Projects/Technical debate & can be super-dope Engineers.
    Let's not forget the ultimate aim of CE.

I think 7 years have already passed, 3 more & we'll hit a 'decade'.So, let's hope before we reach 'decade', CE turn out to be an unique community which is lot better than any fucking nonsense thread spamming community out there.
    Y'know What I mean ?

We can make a circular to distribute in all engineering colleges. Start participating in events/fests for different things under the name of CE. That is good publicity too.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This is really awkward My friend while trying to instal Matlab experienced this error I am not sure whether There is some error in the CD or in the system...
I am starting this thread in order to make a collection for some good past time entertainment and fun. You are free to post jokes, riddles, videos, links to youtube...
Hey, if we dual boot or multiple boot our machine with different OS, then does it affect RAM or hard disk at system start up? or effect the performance in...
The whole world is crazy about smart phones specially the young minds are so occupied in upgrading from one mobile to another. They are finding n number of combinations to...
crash test is one of the modern day analysis procedure used to find whether the the vehicle is safer for driving or not and find the tolerance of vehicle towards...