Youth's love Vs Parents!!:(

Note: I have taken the permission from Biggie to post this thread so Mods dont delete or move it ok šŸ˜€

Well coming to this thread , this one is banging my head from many months šŸ˜”
People experienced can answer this !!!

here is the small story---------
Hi this is a real story of my friend and many people I guessā€¦
The story is ..
I have a friend who is devoted to his parents, aged 24 and they proposed him to see some girl , as my friend is already loving some other girl he didnā€™t accept and he went home to convince his parents about the girl.
The parents donā€™t have any problem except the caste of the girl is differentL
They didnā€™t accept , they said they will lose their respect and they will lose their life if this happens.
They have basically few questions likeā€¦
Future cannot be decided , and cannot be anticipated to be good or bad?
And they convinced him and almost cheated him and made him engage to another girl.
The boy is not weak guys he is strong enough to say NO , but parents made him say YES.
The boy is now crying as he cheated a girl who he love !!!
So my questions are why parents donā€™t accept love?
What should we do in order that they accept?
Why people are feared of society?
Since the parents knows well that the boy could be very happy with the girl he loved, parents donā€™t accept and make him adjust to something else, Why?
People here cannot elope and marry as they give respect to parents ?
So why donā€™t parents understand ??
What is the solution for this problem faced by many people?
Why does parents who loves us much dont support us in our love??

Please share your views!!!

Replies

• raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    I have a friend who is devoted to his parents, aged 24 and they proposed him to see some girl , as my friend is already loving some other girl he didnā€™t accept and he went home to convince his parents about the girl.
    The parents donā€™t have any problem except the caste of the girl is differentL
    They didnā€™t accept , they said they will lose their respect and they will lose their life if this happens.
    This is one of the basic problems in the Indian Society. We are divided by caste, creed, sect, region and religion. We do not see the other person as a human and an Indian. We see his caste and region first. Castism is intolerable. It is racial discrimination and to think that we are protesting against Australia. We truly are the greatest Hypocrites in the world.

The boy is not weak guys he is strong enough to say NO , but parents made him say YES.
    The boy is now crying as he cheated a girl who he love !!!
    How can the parents make him say yes. It proves the boy is weak. There should not be any excuses for his weakness. Well I accept that saying NO is hard but if he truly believed in what he was doing then he would have said it. He is a master of his own life and it is not owned by anyone else. He too is responsible for his fate.
    Ans. They are not pen minded enough. It is not true for all cases though, but is in this case.

Ans. Very difficult. Both you and your parents need to keep an open mind, then and only then a solution will be possible.

Ans. It is always hard to swim against the flow or stand out of the flock and be different. Its something that only the strong, who believe in what they are doing and confident that they are right can attempt.

Since the parents knows well that the boy could be very happy with the girl he loved, parents donā€™t accept and make him adjust to something else, Why?
    Why does parents who loves us much don,t support us in our love??
    I suppose these questions have already been answered
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    True Patty , you are correct!!!
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Well, for starters, I dont see the point in discussing this.

Anyhow, generally parents will always be right. They will always want only the best for their children.

There may be exceptions, but coming to think of it, no parent will want to push the child into a living hell just because of caste and status differences. (..My opinion..)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ...I believe parents shouldn't be over protective of their offsprings. However, it would be wrong to comment unless parent's viewpoint (and the reasons they were against love) is understood.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Depends on your luck and your parents whether they love you more or their status in society.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    silverscorpion
    There may be exceptions, but coming to think of it, no parent will want to push the child into a living hell just because of caste and status differences. (..My opinion..)

For this on my experiences i can say you that , They say no one can anticipate the future ,so if you marry the girl/guy i show i am sure that i will not let it become hell for you!!!

But do they really think that , we are the persons need to live with ??
  • swapnakumar
    swapnakumar
    Indian society is full of social evils -casteism,creed,dowry...all monetary aspects materialistic thoughts built in the parents mind which nobody can change.
    This cannot be answered!!!
    social status is the major problem probing today in our lives rather our parents are more concerned about back biting!!!šŸ˜”
    The traditions,rituals are quite varying even if you come from the same community may be what they have in mind is that the boy will be more attached to his wife than parents' and neglect them unknowingly and indian families are huge enogh to be managed its is the parents who are answerable to friends,relatives and blah blahšŸ˜’
    They are rather proud as their brought up is so good that "my son didnot elope" this doesnot allow them to think from other angle.
    sorry no answer
    Why does parents who loves us much dont support us in our love??
    ive already answered this wife vs parents
    hmmmm tooooooo much theory ha im tired

Please share your views!!!
    __________________[/QUOTE]
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Exactly SK.

People dont change their ideas because of the society they casually live in.
    Cant help people here.. takes some more time to get a bit global.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Makes one wonder.. how were things like when our parents were our age? What had gone through their minds when they faced situations like this?

I know my situation isnt applicable to what is going on here, but I feel family honour takes precedence above other personal desires. Most parents would want what is best for the child.. and we sometimes mistake that for restricting our so called "freedom". I'd rather do things that would make my parents happy till old age and death rather than creating a chasm between us so I can pursue my own things.. for I will certainly be happy if my parents were. And what would happen to the "one" girl/boy? Life is a long journey, and surely you'll meet others along the way.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    ash
    Makes one wonder.. how were things like when our parents were our age? What had gone through their minds when they faced situations like this?

I know my situation isnt applicable to what is going on here, but I feel family honour takes precedence above other personal desires. Most parents would want what is best for the child.. and we sometimes mistake that for restricting our so called "freedom". I'd rather do things that would make my parents happy till old age and death rather than creating a chasm between us so I can pursue my own things.. for I will certainly be happy if my parents were. And what would happen to the "one" girl/boy? Life is a long journey, and surely you'll meet others along the way.
    šŸ˜’......nice suggestion. Your point taken, but I think, personally, I will skip the implementation part.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Which part? Getting a girlfriend? šŸ˜›
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Yes ASh you are correct.

When people are in love or parents oppose something we see only one side of a coil.. But truly as you said one will meet others after few days in so called journey of life.

we have to see both the sides of coin to find any answer .. but people will go only for first side may be euphoric feeling or may be some people call true love..
    i would rather never know.
  • lal
    lal
    I think the way we see things should change...

We should not consider how world around see us, but consider how we see the society!

But this is not applicable in all cases. Because we are going to live in this society. Man is a social creature and living alone is impossible! In some cases the statement above has to be considered. If parents do that, no lovers will have to break up.šŸ˜€
    ~this is what i think~
  • syedaafaq
    syedaafaq
    in my opinion i have a different angle to view this problem... the acceptance of youth's love by the parents is based upon the age of the boy/girl... because parents think that their children are not matured enough or bold enough to face the problems....
    for example if a boy says about his love to his parents at the age of 20 to 25 where he is still a fresher in his job carrier, still depends upon parents then for sure the parents will not accept his request... whereas think the other side if a boy/girl is of age 27 to 30 and he/she is independent in his life and matured enough to face the challenges, difficulties of the society then there is a chance for acceptance of his request by the parents.... i have used the word 'chance of accepting' because there are still some kind of parents who don't accept it due to the respect acquired by them in society or due to some family reasons.. but most of the parents will accept it...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear Ozymandias, Many Many happy returns of the day dude!!! Enjoy your day šŸ˜€ šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜
This thread calls for all serious ideas on selecting the right career at the right age. My own article will follow once I hear ideas from our own CEans. Waiting...
This thread is for all - our engineers who are employed and engineering students who are looking to take up jobs. Job loyalty has its own merits and demerits. You...
The thing I've noticed about being an engineer is, you can build things. I've built what I've assumed is a torsional aerodynamic model of an inertial frame of reference, having...
I am a research student and want to take up something to supplement my income. I know there are many on-line money making options available, but I would like recommendations...