How to select the right career at the right age?

This thread calls for all serious ideas on selecting the right career at the right age.

My own article will follow once I hear ideas from our own CEans. [​IMG]

Waiting for your views, ideas.

Replies

• Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    I believe the right career is a prerogative of interests and abilities more than a right age. The best age to do your career planning is about 13-14. Thats where you lay the foundation. But then in India we are hardly allowed to make decisions at that age, leading to every boy/girl ending up being either an engineer or a doctor.

PS: A CEan reported this thread as Spam 😀
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    [ SPAM ]

mayurpathak
    PS: A CEan reported this thread as Spam 😀
    Can anyone tell me how a thread(not a post) is reported as spam? Which tab or button is used for this? 😕

[/SPAM]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You have to click[​IMG] button below your short profile in every post to report a post.
  • harrystone
    harrystone
    Time proves everything!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Oh! no activity here !!!

So let me pour in my thoughts !!

My idea of career planning should be done before 10th , since after 10th we will be going in different ways of education.

In my case after my 10th I have known the future for only 2 branches in Intermediate (Maths and science).

I love maths and even there are 100 courses I would have studied maths itself.

But its not true with everyone, say my brother who scares of mathematics
    took science now struggling in his graduation, 3 years over still he is in 1st year.

So people have to find their interests , we have to provide students branch has to be chosen depending upon their interest.

One have to find their interests in choosing the branch to shine !!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This thread is for all - our engineers who are employed and engineering students who are looking to take up jobs. Job loyalty has its own merits and demerits. You...
The thing I've noticed about being an engineer is, you can build things. I've built what I've assumed is a torsional aerodynamic model of an inertial frame of reference, having...
I am a research student and want to take up something to supplement my income. I know there are many on-line money making options available, but I would like recommendations...
CEans, Please share your tips/tricks on how to begin & end a professional email. I'm looking for the first line [after salutation] that you write in a professional email. Example...
What all could go wrong??😕