Your views on this project (college website)?

Hi guys,
I am going to make a project for my final year IT engg. I have selected web tech as my area. I have an idea in mind u guys tell me what u feel abt it.

K so the project will be a full feature college site, the site will be made using all stuffs from flash to javascript and all stuffs.

Then i will have feature for online database i.e students records eg: marks ,attendance etc staff records etc... Now i can use the idea posted in other thread to send e-mail to parents the info abt their child here with this too.

Then i will integrate an digitize library to the site which will provide information abt college library like no of books available, search feature for books, if issued then when it will come back etc.... all library operations.

Then maybe i will interage a forum to the site so students and teachers can have a talk there.

What u guys think abt it ? is it good ? Do u think that it is a common topic ? Suggest any more features to add to this if u got some ๐Ÿ˜€

and plz suggest any good ideas on web technology for the project ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Goku,

I like the idea. You are one of the few college students who is asking for feedback on your idea than asking for ready made stuff.

To be frank, the idea is not new but you can make a difference by implementing it in different way. I suggest make it a complete Web 2.0 solution and AJAXify the whole website. Avoid flash, if possible. Have a single login system for all the features. PHP, HTML, JavaScript, CSS, mySQL should do the magic for you.

The feature set looks good. Following are few additional features you may want to consider for your website -

1. SMS exam, class, practicals, submissions reminder to students who register for the service. They may include late submission alerts and due date reminders for books issued from library.

2. Download center: Important notes, problems & solutions, video - lectures available for all students.

3. Student/Professor contact search facility, limited to e-mail. Special alert for messages marked important.

I may suggest more features later.

[PS: Avoid using SMS text in your posts on CE Forums.]
  • goku123k
    goku123k
    Thanks for the suggestions #-Link-Snipped-# ๐Ÿ˜€

The ajax thing should be good and yea thinking abt that single login only. The other additonal features like download center can be done too ๐Ÿ˜€

Edit: Yea sure will avoid SMS texts here ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Do you have a idea to host this site..?
  • goku123k
    goku123k
    Well since it is my project it will be offline site not hosting it but yes you can find many hosting sites which can host web sites.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If you need to know about hosting, read this article: #-Link-Snipped-#

[What stops you from searching the forums?]

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

All Crazy Engineers, Before you read the following post, visit following link - An Engineering Mind I got in touch with the engineering mind team and they told us they...
CEans, Those of you who have always had that kick-butt idea in your mind but did not know where to present it; here's your golden opportunity - Visit: Home -...
Hi CEans, How you doing? I am working for an MNC. I am very much pleased to join this site, like all the forums here; I specially appreciate the complete...
Given a two jars of 9 litre and 7 litre, how will you measure 3 litres? Assume that ample water is available. ๐Ÿ˜Ž Write answer in steps like this--> 0...
hi every one :smile: i am a second year student in communication departement , faculty of engineering. my problem is that :" i don`t know how to plan my career"...