Ask Question To Todd [of An Engineering Mind]

All Crazy Engineers,

Before you read the following post, visit following link -

An Engineering Mind

I got in touch with the engineering mind team and they told us they like CE ๐Ÿ˜€ . They are willing to spread the word about CE and you can help!

Ask your question to An Engineering Mind Team and have Todd answer your question. You may also come up with an idea you'd like Todd to talk about.

Shoot your questions!

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    How about high-tech chindogu designs? Have they designed any examples or een involved with a contest?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Umm, something like this? -

[โ€‹IMG]
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I never understood what todd meant by Hypothetical female engineers???๐Ÿ˜ก
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Hey, I have a very stupid thing going in my mind.

Should engineers always put their engineering minds in every aspect of their day to day life? If YES what benefits they get after doing so and if NO how they can use their engineering minds in their day to day life from eating to sleeping things.

[ PS: Please control your anger/laugh at my question ]
  • gohm
    gohm
    yes, however much more technological than these traditional ones, being engineers we could create some real high tech items! =)
    The_Big_K
    Umm, something like this? -

[โ€‹IMG]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm collecting questions & content ideas for 'An Engineering Mind'. I bet Todd would come up with something interesting for us ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    durga
    I never understood what todd meant by Hypothetical female engineers???๐Ÿ˜ก
    I was reading a comment on one of his videos by a female engineer. She said she also believed in big foot. I laughed at that one ๐Ÿ˜›

One question!

What is the typical diet of an engineer?
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    One more question is coming in my stupid mind. This question is firstly open for all engineers here.

Is it possible to use some engineering mechanism while soaking many clothes each of which leaves behind its colour in a single bucket in such a manner no other cloth gets affected by the colour of the other one?

Hope people could understand my question. ๐Ÿ˜” (Note using only single bucket to avoid colour mixing of clothes on one another ๐Ÿ˜” )
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    1. Suppose you are in a room full of toddlers. How would you guess which one of them will grow up to be an engineer?

2. How do engineers celebrate valentine's day?

3. What do you get when you cross an engineer and
    a) an accountant
    b) a news reader
    c) a journalist
    d) an archaeologist
    e) a novelist
    f) a musician

4. How would an engineer's horoscope based on his/her sun sign look like?

5. Which animal is an expert in which engineering field?
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Hey cool questions raj. I am desperate to know the answers. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • gohm
    gohm
    Or the development of a safe chemical that either retards the loss of dye or keeps it suspended within the water, not allowing it to stain other garments. This can be added to the laundry cycle or the detergent thus eliminating the need to replace the machines.

shalini_goel14
    One more question is coming in my stupid mind. This question is firstly open for all engineers here.

Is it possible to use some engineering mechanism while soaking many clothes each of which leaves behind its colour in a single bucket in such a manner no other cloth gets affected by the colour of the other one?

Hope people could understand my question. ๐Ÿ˜” (Note using only single bucket to avoid colour mixing of clothes on one another ๐Ÿ˜” )
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    There is engineering in every thing we do. For the matter of fact, there is some much engineering in our own body. I'm a firm believer that any creation by an engineer has a scope for further improvements and innovations. My questions are-

1. If human body (especially brain) was an engineers creations, what would you do to improve its performance and efficiency?
    2. Given a chance to recreate a human body part the way you like, which will it be? And what modifications will you do?
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    gohm
    Or the development of a safe chemical that either retards the loss of dye or keeps it suspended within the water, not allowing it to stain other garments. This can be added to the laundry cycle or the detergent thus eliminating the need to replace the machines.
    Oh no. I guess right now there is no such chemicals made. For this I will have to wait long for our chemical engineers to make such chemicals. ๐Ÿ˜”

No other way ?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Q. Would engineers be perfect candidates for heads of states?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Good going fellas ๐Ÿ˜ . I'm going to mail this thread to Engineering Mind team. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    ash
    I was reading a comment on one of his videos by a female engineer. She said she also believed in big foot. I laughed at that one ๐Ÿ˜›

One question!

What is the typical diet of an engineer?
    ok let me not pretend and say I know whats bigfoot

but what is BIGFOOT?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    my question
    do those fancy transparent screens shown in movies really exists?
    is it hard/ very hard to make a that watch , whose button you press and a #D hologram occurs of your boss instructing you about ur next action?

PS: I dont know what you call them as ๐Ÿ˜
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    durga
    ok let me not pretend and say I know whats bigfoot

but what is BIGFOOT?
    Bigfoot is for the North American Continent what the Abominable Snowman is for the Himalayas and Chupacabra for South America.
    A supposedly ape like giant. Some people claim to have sighted Bigfoot but it's existence is doubtful and has not been proved.
    Bigfoot
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Here's one more idea inspired from 'Games People Play'. How about "Games (Crazy) Engineers Play"? ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • gohm
    gohm
    existence doubtful?! hey, just because I got a haircut and went to school... ๐Ÿ˜€

raj87verma88
    Bigfoot is for the North American Continent what the Abominable Snowman is for the Himalayas and Chupacabra for South America.
    A supposedly ape like giant. Some people claim to have sighted Bigfoot but it's existence is doubtful and has not been proved.
    Bigfoot
  • gohm
    gohm
    there have also been sightings in: europe, Russia, bars at closing time(laugh) & south america. Also a small version as well in some locations

(sorry to get off track, no more sashquatch posts)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I believe Todd has already joined with ID 'EngineeringMind'. Todd! Hello! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • gohm
    gohm
    fabulous news Biggie!
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Still waiting for his posts.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Welcome to CE, Todd!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think he is working on new site for an engineering mind. His blog says the new site will be up by 1 March. But it's still not there. I guess he's busy.
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    My name is Todd and I work on #-Link-Snipped-# graphical programing software at #-Link-Snipped-#.

If you are an engineer, I would love to hear what's on your mind. If you're not an engineer, then none of this will make any sense, so go back to
    #-Link-Snipped-# and look up "funny animals" or something. I'm sure you'll understand that.

--Todd

OMG!! ROFL
    LMFAO!!

Ok my question:

1.) How to differentiate between an engineer and a creative engineer?

2.) Why do all engineers have a habit of day dreaming??

haha can't wait for the replies ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'll ask Todd to check this thread and respond. Hopefully he'll pick up few ideas from here ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • skipper
    skipper
    A real engineer never stops building things - even imaginary things. Also, a real engineer never stops taking things apart; particularly the things they built (or maybe it was some other engineer?).

P.S. that last question is an auxiliary; it shouldn't bother any real engineer. Nutty engineers also consider occasionally how real a thing they were constructed by (some of these nuts call this "Darwinism") and insist that anything an engineer can build is because all engineers were also constructed. After all physics is like s*x, we do it because we enjoy it. But we shouldn't think we can build anything just because we can in principle. It might not be a great idea, for starters, to try moving the planet.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Those of you who have always had that kick-butt idea in your mind but did not know where to present it; here's your golden opportunity - Visit: Home -...
Hi CEans, How you doing? I am working for an MNC. I am very much pleased to join this site, like all the forums here; I specially appreciate the complete...
Given a two jars of 9 litre and 7 litre, how will you measure 3 litres? Assume that ample water is available. ๐Ÿ˜Ž Write answer in steps like this--> 0...
hi every one :smile: i am a second year student in communication departement , faculty of engineering. my problem is that :" i don`t know how to plan my career"...
hello friends i have one doubt about sabari malai . in sabarimalai on every jan14th we saw one light on upon the hills, is there any reason for this pls...