Yahoo New Logo - Will It Revive Yahoo From The Downward Spiral?

Yahoo's one of the forgotten companies that is trying to reinvent itself with the help of new top executive - ex. Googler Marissa Mayer. Ms. Mayer's out shopping and has made quite a few acquisitions in the recent times. It's just been a year since Mayer took the chair at Yahoo and has taken interesting steps including - redesigning yahoo mail, acquiring Tumblr and XOBNI, launching weather app and so on. The latest move? A brand new Yahoo Logo!

Here's how it looks -

Yahoo-Logo-New

A brand new logo indicates the following - the company is changing and its work culture is changing as well. Do you think a brand new logo will attract the lost users of Yahoo back to it?

Replies

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    I dont think Yahoo can recover back now. Its pretty late in advancing itself. All others are already ruling the place. Unless Yahoo does some extraordinary stunt, there isnt much hope.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Nayan Goenka
    I dont think Yahoo can recover back now. Its pretty late in advancing itself. All others are already ruling the place. Unless Yahoo does some extraordinary stunt, there isnt much hope.
    agree bro.I also dont like the new logo.I like the old one and a change in logo alone cant help yahoo to sustain in the market.It should first concentrate on retaining the customers who were already a member.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Not only the customers, but the users need something to hold them back on the portal. Yahoo is already outbeaten by miles by Google. Also Google is into a lot of things. Apart from its successful web layout/portal, it is also leading in MobileOS / Tabs and a lot more. Also the features Yahoo is launching now, like gaming or some media, it is already monopolized by respective company. they have made their target groups and progressing in the direction. Yahoo is too late. I dont want Ms Mayer is thinking about items in her shopping cart but she better come up with something LEGENDARY.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    What's the point YAHOO?? Explain yourself! WTF happened to the old Geocities (which used to be bigger than Blogger or Wordpress once upon a time). And Yahoo mail - no one really uses it now. Even Yahoo Messenger is not suitable for multitasking at work as only one user can actually use the interface from one computer at a time! You better come up with something Legendary as #-Link-Snipped-# said. We're not impressed with your logo. *pissed off*
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Yahoo can't offer a cloud with over 15 GB free data usage to almost every one

Yahoo mail can't be that flexible as Gmail

Yahoo mail doesn't allow grouping mails in different tabs as the new Gmail Tabs allow us to do

Yahoo mail doesn't come with features where we can have links to virtually create docs using Google Docs

And If yahoo can bring these overnight We have a game changer else it is just a flurry in the wind
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Alrighty! We've the new Yahoo logo now. Here's how it looks -

yahoologo

Do you think it's better than Yahoo's older logos?
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    A logo change does not signify a radical change. Sure, we have seen Yahoo! getting more traffic with the acquisition of Tumblr, but a huge makeover is also required. The homepage of Yahoo! still has the same design and the content being delivered, for at-least the India site is not fresh. Yahoo! decision of recycling old usernames is much appreciated but here is the thing bugs still remain. For example, my Yahoo account has been giving me the following error since ages:
    Temporary error: ymws:Server.MailboxOpenFailed
    I have tried troubleshooting and informing the admins, but it is of no use. A tip suggested that I use the mobile version to get the mails, but even if that worked what good was is going to do to me? I had even been a victim of hacking where they took control of the account and sent spam mails to all my contacts. Yahoo! did not even warn me like Google does. A huge change is needed to bring back Yahoo! to the top and if you consider just the mail factor, I am sorry but it has lost the battle to Google ages ago.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I dont see a major change in the logo design.I feel mobile version of Yahoo is very good when compared to google (my perception) but pc version failed to impress me.there aree many error messages I had noticed while deleting a bunch of mails.Hope Yahoo comes clean in near future.I wonder whythere is no great competition for Gmail?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Microsoft, the software giant, has announced its product - Microsoft Office 365 University in India for both full-time and part-time students of accredited colleges and universities. Targetting thousands of colleges...
Arduino has emerged as one of the most favorite open source electronics prototyping platform for the DIYers all around the world. The official website of Arduino (source link below) has...
Hyundai Motor India Ltd, India’s second largest passenger car manufacturer, has launched Hyundai Grand i10. Setting the small car market on fire, this new ride vehicle from Hyundai which happens...
Those of you looking for a break from the 'always connected' Universe should check out a new kickstarter project called 'Off Pocket'. It's a special phone case that will shield...
Hi, Do we have any CEan who is dealing in CAD and product casing design domain? I need some information about CAD design how can I use CAD design to...