Why sun look bigger in the morning

This question may be funny. Can any one tell me, why the sun is look bigger in the rising period. From 6AM to 6.30Am?. And also why the temperature is very less?.

Replies

• lal
    lal
    I remember reading it as the reason for sun appearing bigger in mornings and evenings to be some kind of an illusion realated with horizons and brain. Can't remember further details. :-|

Did a search, it is due to an illusion called Ponzo Illusion.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's because of the refraction. You may read the following Wiki article on 'Moon Illusion' that describes the effect - Moon Illusion

800px-Sunrise-Sunset_angle.svg
    Source: Wikipedia

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

So now, news has it that Bajaj might be soon launching the Bajaj Pulsar 200 SS (SuperSports) in India. Though we aren't sure if the launch date is just a...
Here is something for EEs. Quote: Gabriel Anzziani in Sarasota, Fla. is trying to fund his 'wrist scope' project on Kickstarter. The gizmo is based on the same design as...
HI, I have read through few articles and about burj Dubai as well, the thing I have understood is there will multi level lifts available in those buildings for going...
I AM RAJ I HAV SELECTED FOR DCS TECHNOLOGY BANGALORE FOR MCA INTERNSHIP....PLEASE CAN ANY ONE SAY ME WHETHER SHOULD I JOIN THIS COMPANY OR ITS A FAKE COMPANY....PLEASE SAY...
Nippon Moon would soon become the world's biggest Ferris Wheel and is currently under development. The Giant Observation Wheel (GOW) as it's called, has been designed by UNStudio. The designers...